Smear Test Results

Hi all! My name is Steffi & i'm 29.

I'm new here, but was a little concerned about my smear tests results so came here to see if anyone could shed some light on the situation for me. Thank you for all advice!

10 weeks ago I had my smear test, and was advised to call up and chase the results after the 10 week period if i hadn't heard anything. I haven't. So yesterday I had an appointment for my contraceptive at my GPs and explained the situation about my lack of results, and was told me to wait a further 2 weeks. I'm worried because i have had unusual symptoms in the past (spotting and pain), and have two relatives who have been affected by abnormal results.  I tried calling the reception later that day to try and get a little further, but was given the same answer, and dismissed.

I checked the NHS website, which advised I should receive my results within 2-6 weeks - not the 12 weeks I am being asked to wait. All this time I am becoming more and more anxious.

So my question is this - Should I being concerned, and is there ANYTHING i can do to get my results? Is this an unfortunate but normal situation on todays NHS system?

Thank you again!

Steffi

Hi

i got mine back just after 12 weeks!

i got told there’s a back log which is why they’re taking awhile. Ringing up unfortunately won’t do antthing as you get your letter before your GP. 

Hopefully it arrives soon

Thank you Hallie-Hope! x