Smear test result severe dyskaryosis

Hi everyone, I have been reading various threads on here and found the responses were really supportive and kind so decided to join, in the hope of some support for my current situation (as I’m worrying). I went for my first smear since having my third child last week and yesterday received a letter stating that I have severe dyskaryosis. I was distraught as I thought it may show something but wasn’t expecting it to be severe. In 2012 I had a smear result that was mild to moderate, had a colposcopy where the doctor applied solution to the area and took a punch biopsy; she said it looked moderate in places, even drawing it on a piece of paper to show me the area that looked dodgy. The biopsy result was however clear and a follow up smear 6 months later was also clear. I worried at the time about how reliable these results were, as did my partner. My question is could that biospy and smear result afterwards have been wrong or is it possible that it could’ve been nothing and then it’s progressed to severe dyskaryosis in 3 years or so?

Hello!

I had my last smear in December 2013, after the birth of my son in March 2013. My smear was normal. I have a colposcopy tomorrpw after my latest smear showed severe dyskaryosis too. I'm asking myself the same thing, have I had these cells for a long time and had a false neg or have they developed quickly!? I'm currently pregnant so completely freaking out that I'll have cancer before I give birth!

Let me know how it goes!! Good luck x