Should I go back to GP

Hi first time post I’m just looking for some advice or someone to reassure me I’m not wasting GP time.

I’m 32 years old, and I have 3 children. I went to have my smear test in February on time. And i got no results so assumed everything was fine, after a few months I started getting spotting in between my periods so thought I would give the GP a call and see what my results where. My smear can back positive for high risk HPV but normal cells and they want me back in February next year. 12 month recall. However since then I’m now having a period really heavy ! Followed by a few days nothing then spotting few days nothing then another heavy period and continues ! So really I’m having two periods a month and spotting after sex. The pain during sex is awful it’s a sharp deep pain and I have to stop, Sorry for so much information but I’m got very rotten smelling discharge. Ive bought BV medication and used several times and made no difference. Discharge is constant and quite heavy, when I’m not having a period or spotting. And not sure if it’s related but I was reading up on symptoms and I noticed frequently urinating is one, my partner and daughter have been saying over the past couple of weeks I constantly need a wee and I must have something wrong with me and they are right in the sense I’m do urinate a hell of a lot recently way more than normal. But now I don’t know if I’m just getting anxious and over thinking things.
I’m considering going back to the GP but I don’t want to waste their time!
I’ve had pain before during sex and it was a dermoid cyst on my ovary which I had to have removed.
I’m getting married in 7 weeks should I just wait for a few weeks or until February see if it’s just caused by stress of wedding planning? I don’t want to worry my family so haven’t mentioned it to anyone.

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: i think you should defo check those symptoms out the the GP, for peace of mind if nothing else, just give them a ring x

2 Likes

Hi Nurse1989

There could be a number of reasons for your symptoms and you need a comprehensive assessment; definitely get an appointment with your GP.

Best wishes

x

3 Likes

Yes definitely go back to your GP for another check! Let us know how you get on x

2 Likes

Thank you everyone you’ve really reassured me!
I called the GP and had a over phone consultation she wants me to have antibiotics for BV for a week and then go back if it doesn’t get any better.
I know it’s not BV but I’ll give it a go and hopefully get all sorted

1 Like

I think you definitely need to go get checked hun better safe than not. Xx

1 Like

Hi Nurse1989

I agree with jemwadxx about needing to get checked.

x

1 Like