Severe changes on smear but normal colposcopy

Hi,

I had a smear come back with cell changes and HPV positive about 18 months ago but before the results came back I was pregnant. So when I went to colposcopy they had a look and said the cell changes looked so mild and they predicted it would go away by itself. They didn’t take a biopsy to protect the pregnancy but were not at all concerned. Since my baby was born 9 months ago, I’ve had a two colposcopy’s come back normal but repeat smears done at the same time are now saying CIN3. I’ve been booked in for loop treatment under GA, and I want to know how normal is it that a smear could show severe changes but colposcopy be normal? And Is it still possible they will find cancer? I’m so terrified as I have two children and my youngest is going through a lot of investigations for respiratory problems so he really needs me to be well to look after him and take him to his appointments.

I was in a similar position, and what was explained in my case was that the abnormal cells were in the glands going up in the cervix so not visable on the outside. I hope what ever it is that it resolves quickly.

Thanks so much for getting in touch and that makes sense. Was it all resolved for you? I hope you are well and doing okay now x

Still ongoing, its a bit of a worry i think especially with things closed over xmas. Hopefully i czn toughen up and enjoy the celebrations.