Normal smear, changes on colposcopy...again

Hi ladies

Not posted before but been reading through some posts over the last few weeks.

I’m 29 now and had problems about 5 years ago where I had CIN 2 at first on a smear & had lletz at colposcopy after which they found CIN 3 & CGIN which I had another lletz for under general.

Had a few normal smears since then but had a letter after the most recent one, which scared the life out of me, saying my smear was abnormal. Turns out it was because they’d found HPV but no abnormal cells so was referred for colposcopy which I’ve just had.

Anyways at colposcopy the doctor said she could see some abnormalities (wasn’t surprised to be honest) & told me it could just be the HPV she could see, when I said have these changes happened since my normal smear 2 months ago, which I’m not sure I’m convinced about because surely they can’t see viruses!? She took a biopsy which I don’t remember hurting so much last time!!

She said it looks mild but I’m so worried that this HPV is what caused the changes the first time & now it’s just back to cause more problems & the CGIN worries me even more because I don’t trust that it’ll be picked up on a smear!

So now just worrying waiting for results…again. Sorry for the long post needed to get it off my chest!

xxx