Sent to hospital after smear test

I went to my Drs after having a hard spot on my Vulva for some months and seeing a brown discharge on my pads .I hadnt seen blood or a period etc for approx two years .I am 54 have under active Thyroid and have felt very stressed for over a year .
My GP tried to do a smear test but told me she saw blood and couldnt get a smear test so wanted to refer me to Hospital.She wasn’t worried about the spot and gave me Fucidin cream .,but she also said there was lesion in my Vagina .She also took a swab which was o
I was so worried that the same day my Husband took me to see a Consultant in a private Hospital who said the spot was nothing to worry about and that the lesion was probably done by my GP when doing the smear ,he managed to get the smear ( i was in agony) ,and said the cervix looked OK ,but that i should have scans on my Womb etc.He advised me to have that done when i went the following week at the NHS appointment.
I went the following week and after being in so much pain I asked for an Abdominal ultra sound scan instead of the Trans Vaginal one ,they found a fibroid 3.5 cm saw my left Ovary ,my right was hidden behind gas in my Bowel ,and my womb was 5.3 so they wanted to do a biopsy.
I was now very upset ,and the Registrar got my Consultant ,and she tried to do the biopsy but my cervix was closed and she couldn’t do it,whilst doing it she saw the spot and asked if my Dr had given me anything for etc ,and then said it looked like i had a hormonal activity where my body thought i was going to have period etc,and that I’d had also some inflamation,seeing i had not seen actual red blood just brown discharge . ,.she then said she thought it best to leave it 6 months and then have a trans vaginal scan .
I felt very confused later wondering why one minute i was having a biopsy the next leaving it for 6 months,anyway today i rang the private Consultant and he told me my smear test was OK ,but when i told him about the tests not being done for 6 months he seemed very unhappy and said i told you biopsy to be done under general anesthestic ,but also said the 5.3 womb thickness was nothing too signficent .
I then rang my GP saying i know its difficult when there are two drs involved but i could tell that the private consultant wasn’t happy .
She then said it was awkward and that the only thing i could do was to ring the NHS Drs Secretary next week,also after i asked her if she had any correspondance from the hospital she said there was a letter which she printed off for me
I’ve read the letter and it says it was decided that since it was a brown discharge that it seems to have been an infection ,hence the scan in 6 months ,but my concern is wouldn’t the swab ruled that out? My GP says the NHS Consultant is good and wouldnt leave me long if there was any doubt ,but im wondering if she knew about the swab ? Plus why my GP didn’t remind her etc ,
Im so worried and cant do anything till next week hence me asking for advice on here please .