Nothing makes sense, any advice

August 2019 smear test private all ok

Then another under NHS February 2020 all ok

Then I had a pelvic scan because of liver function reading. Dont drink or take drugs. Anyway the doctor came straight out and said the lining on scan looks thick it look like cervical cancer. How could it be I said. So September 2020 I had colposcopy examination at hospital plus a tran vaginal. They reassured me all was healthy and normal and they not sure why my doctor had said this. So the last month I had a really bad time with periods. I had two bleeds in one month, one really long of which I am still bleeding now. Total of around 21 days. I never bled this long. Its been alot if brown blood but gone back red again. I then checked my calendar and since last June my periods have been irreglar here and there where I had two bleeds but nothing as long as this one. They are sending me for another scan Wednesday on pelvic area which I am worried they gonna mention same thing again. But in desperation yesterday I went down to the hospital fed up all the bleeding. The gaenologist said wait for the scan first and if they need refer me back they will. But she dosnt feel she needs to examine my vagina as the colposcopy I had September was all fine. She said it unlikely in 6 months you would have cervical cancer. She said it maybe down to emotional issues, losing weight or not on any contraceptives. I also asked her if I had fibroid or cyst etc surely that wouod been spotted too. I have been so stressed because of the conflicting information. 3 of my GPS still stick to the fact that what the doctor said last year looks like cancer. But the hospital are confident saying its unlikely. So they sent me away and told me wait for my pelvic scan. Just did a blood test for anemia and they said was OK. I been tired for months, aches in legs, out of breath but I'm trying tell myself it could just be stress or less motivation because of pandemic. I dont bleed when having sex or before or after etc. 

Could you try contacting the ask the expert or Jo's helpline?

Or potentially PALS.  Surely someone should have taken a biopsy of the area where they thought looked cancerous by now and let you know the results.

If this hasn't been done, I'd insist. 

You also have a Right to Access. So you can request your medical notes that say it may be cancer and insist on having a biopsy of the inflamed tissue seen on the scan. 

I'm not medically trained and so you are far better off getting the advice from someone who is. But this is what I would try and do. 

Sending you much love xx

Thank you

I can try this if getting no luck. Got a scan this morning for my irregular bleeding. As i said the hospital reassued me last september all was okay regardless of my scan. Not had any abnormal cells since about 10 years ago when HPV came up but nothing had to be done, all was fine on colposcopy. I have had very regular smears ever since and more so within the last year. I lived abroad so had one there and then had when came home under NHS as I was due. Even though I had one. Then the other one in September 2020. When I went to a and e last week even the gaeno doctor said she dosnt believe anything serious and confident because colposcopy last year. What look like on the scan the Gp thought was okay to refer me but it can be many things. Fingers cross as I am very stressed as my sister just been diagnosed with breast cancer last week. Came as a shock as nobody in family ever with cancers. Breast scan myself too in few weeks. Dont need more stress

Sorry to hear you're coping with so much. I hope today's scan went okay xx