Seeking Positive Experiences post LLETZ/Cone Biopsy

Hi all,

Does anyone have any positive experiences/hope after having LLETZ or Cone Biopsy type procedures.

I had quite a lot of my cervix removed, had to have stitches and had multiple haemorrhages and to top it off post surgical infections so have had a longer recovery period than some, they’ve said I’m still healing slowly at check up and it’s been 6 weeks.

I feel like I’m really losing myself a bit, and the Internet is filled with horror stories of “left with chronic pain” or “pain during sex” “I’ve never enjoyed sex again” stuff which I would hope is rare?

I already feel uncomfortable with the thought of having HPV which I’m hoping people can reassure me (picturing myself blurting it out on a first date as if I have to and every guy running a mile) but also I’ve been left in such discomfort I feel like I’m never going to be able to just be normal again down there and feel happy and enjoy myself.

Any good, positive experiences to help not make me catastrophise yet as very anxious :heart:

1 Like

Hi emerymarin
I am married so can’t comment on new relationship side but Just wanted to let you know I felt exactly the same worries wise after lletz I went 6 weeks without doing anything sexual. I was so worried the first time luckily my husband understood and we took things slow. I actually cried (no idea why) the first time we had sex after lletz haha don’t know if it was relief or just the built up emotion but I can confirm 7/8 weeks later it’s absolutely fine now and back to how I was before. Try to put it out of your mind and enjoy your life to the full x

1 Like