Sex and pain

I’m wondering what other women on the forum’s experience of sex post Lletz is?
I’m 8 weeks now and had a difficult recovery but had sex at 6 weeks and also last weekend.
It isn’t too awful but I do feel quite sore. I tried some lidocaine and that helped a bit.
I read it takes the cervix about 6 months to totally heal so maybe that is expected.
I’ve said before thar they totally underplay this procedure and I stand by my word

2 Likes

Total get you yes I do think the doctors underplay Lletz the surgery itself is not painful for most people but the recovery can be more than the 3 weeks my doctor told me, I had mine 17 May and still not back to normal. Sex was ok but some pain afterwards so I am going to wait to be better. Not sure but maybe age is also a factor I am 42 and probably takes me longer than a 25 or 30 year old to heal. Also the amount that was removed should make a massive difference not the same recovery for a small amount than for a bigger one like the one I had.

2 Likes

Lol
I’m 55
Not waiting. No will power :rofl:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: don’t blame you is not easy

1 Like

It ain’t happening :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I rang GP as was hurting quite a lot, and she said that I should just come in to be checked out.
The pain isn’t just after sex, it’s intermittent all the time really. I only had a smaller lletz, but am quite ancient lol

Maybe is an infection I am actually waiting the results for infection should be out on Monday I am hoping it is an infection so I can get whatever to treat it and have some days without pain before my coloscopy on the 12th as I had no clear margins but she said maybe she managed to get it all out with the burning thing they do after don’t know maybe she was just been nice

1 Like

I’ve just come back from the GP and she took swabs
Told me to ‘ rest the area’ as it were
She didn’t think it was an infection, she just thought I might be feeling things acutely.
But good to rule it out.
Shit you have to go back:(

I know totally shit to go back .Good luck let me know how you get on with your results

1 Like

I will
And tell me how you get on too x

1 Like

Hey I just had mine on Wed an I’m bleeding an hurting an I’m reading everybody’s inserts an wondering if its going to go that way for me. I hope not but I can’t help to think it will . I’m 45 so I’m no spring chicken. This site is such a great help Thanks to all of y’all for being so open.

1 Like

Hello hope you are doing well after your lletz try not to worry and just look after yourself now keep positive :blush: everyone is different and many recover very well

1 Like

Hello Rebecca just had results back. Is a urine infection she has given me a strong antibiotic to take just the one and it should be fine after 24 hours. So glad we found the reason for my horrible pain hopefully I will get some pain-free days now :grinning:. Are you feeling OK?

Mine was inconclusive so have taken another in
Glad you had treatment :slight_smile:

Okay good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I was fine so no idea what was wrong. I think I just have a sensitive cervix, I have also have had an anal fissure abs treatment and it’s not 100 percent so could be that.
Hope all goes well with you xxx

Ok well at least you know is not an infection yes I know of people that have a sensitive cervix and they feel pain sometimes maybe is just that and it will settle soon :slightly_smiling_face:. Take care I am sure you will be 100 % soon

1 Like

Thank you
Feels a bit like nerve pain or something and I think hopefully will go x

1 Like

I wonder how you are, Hop 1?
I have come to the conclusion that what I am feeling is indeed nerve pain and had decreased a little but is still there particularly when I have a wee, sex etc.
I’m around 3 months in from the Lletz. It was supposed to have been a mild one but didn’t feel it at all.

Hello. The antibiotics did the job and I feel 100 % now. I also had my 3 months post lletz check and to my surprise they couldn’t see any abnormal cells despite the fact that I had no clear margins is all very confusing. She then took some swipe tests to see if the inside of the cervix is affected will get results for this in 1 week. I was ready to plan hysterectomy but now no idea what will happen. Doctor said that if tests are negative come back in 3 months because they can only be confident all ok after 6 months after Lletz. But if the inside swipe test of the cervix is positive. I will need to decide between hysterectomy or 2 lletz. Hope you feel better soon and thanks for asking about me :hugs:

1 Like