Sex and pain

I’m wondering what other women on the forum’s experience of sex post Lletz is?
I’m 8 weeks now and had a difficult recovery but had sex at 6 weeks and also last weekend.
It isn’t too awful but I do feel quite sore. I tried some lidocaine and that helped a bit.
I read it takes the cervix about 6 months to totally heal so maybe that is expected.
I’ve said before thar they totally underplay this procedure and I stand by my word

Total get you yes I do think the doctors underplay Lletz the surgery itself is not painful for most people but the recovery can be more than the 3 weeks my doctor told me, I had mine 17 May and still not back to normal. Sex was ok but some pain afterwards so I am going to wait to be better. Not sure but maybe age is also a factor I am 42 and probably takes me longer than a 25 or 30 year old to heal. Also the amount that was removed should make a massive difference not the same recovery for a small amount than for a bigger one like the one I had.

1 Like

Lol
I’m 55
Not waiting. No will power :rofl:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: don’t blame you is not easy

1 Like

It ain’t happening :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I rang GP as was hurting quite a lot, and she said that I should just come in to be checked out.
The pain isn’t just after sex, it’s intermittent all the time really. I only had a smaller lletz, but am quite ancient lol

Maybe is an infection I am actually waiting the results for infection should be out on Monday I am hoping it is an infection so I can get whatever to treat it and have some days without pain before my coloscopy on the 12th as I had no clear margins but she said maybe she managed to get it all out with the burning thing they do after don’t know maybe she was just been nice

1 Like

I’ve just come back from the GP and she took swabs
Told me to ‘ rest the area’ as it were
She didn’t think it was an infection, she just thought I might be feeling things acutely.
But good to rule it out.
Shit you have to go back:(

I know totally shit to go back .Good luck let me know how you get on with your results

1 Like

I will
And tell me how you get on too x

1 Like

Hey I just had mine on Wed an I’m bleeding an hurting an I’m reading everybody’s inserts an wondering if its going to go that way for me. I hope not but I can’t help to think it will . I’m 45 so I’m no spring chicken. This site is such a great help Thanks to all of y’all for being so open.

1 Like

Hello hope you are doing well after your lletz try not to worry and just look after yourself now keep positive :blush: everyone is different and many recover very well

1 Like

Hello Rebecca just had results back. Is a urine infection she has given me a strong antibiotic to take just the one and it should be fine after 24 hours. So glad we found the reason for my horrible pain hopefully I will get some pain-free days now :grinning:. Are you feeling OK?

Mine was inconclusive so have taken another in
Glad you had treatment :slight_smile:

Okay good luck :crossed_fingers: