Second Lltez worries (fertility mentioned)

I had my first Lltez last year following CIN3. My 6 month smear after this loop was clear but the HPV was still present. After going for some examinations on a cist in my ovary the gynaecologist came across a raw area on my cervix which bled easily when touched, so he wanted a colposcopist to take a closer look. A biopsy was taken with no real concern from the nurse but I had my results back within a week which was CIN2 I have had my second Lltez today which was just as unpleasant as the first. Has anyone has several loop treatments? The nurse explained to me the risk of preterm deliver if I fell pregnant in the future but I am petrified all of this is going to make me infertile. Can anyone share any similar experiences or worries? 

Thank you. Shell x 

Hi!! 

What a worry for you!! I had CIN3 cells removed at age 21. Since then I’ve had CIN1 cell changes (for four years). I can’t comment on ovaries but when I was at my last biopsy appointment 3 weeks ago, I asked about fertility. I was told that it doesn’t effect my chances of getting pregnant just more of a chance of miscarriages or premature births. 

I was told they’d be reluctant to do a second laser until after I had children. 

Sorry if this has been no help at all! X 

Thank you for your reply. So you’ve had CIN1 in every smear for 4 years? It worries me so much that it’s going to keep coming back, or the Lltez results will come back saying they have found more than CIN2. I’m such a worrier as you can tell! Xx 

Hi Shell this shit is all so worrying but you should be reassured by a couple of things cin is NOT cancer they are cells that may become cacerous if left untreated you have had them treated. Lletz treatments will not make you infertile they have nothing to do with your ovaries. There is only a small risk of miscarriage or preterm labour following repeated lletz and this can be managed. You are being closely monitored and tested please be reassured that you are in the best hands. I know nothing can stop you worrying but knowledge is strength. Be kind to yourself good luck and take care x

Hi Shell this shit is all so worrying but you should be reassured by a couple of things cin is NOT cancer they are cells that may become cacerous if left untreated you have had them treated. Lletz treatments will not make you infertile they have nothing to do with your ovaries. There is only a small risk of miscarriage or preterm labour following repeated lletz and this can be managed. You are being closely monitored and tested please be reassured that you are in the best hands. I know nothing can stop you worrying but knowledge is strength. Be kind to yourself good luck and take care x