Second Lletz

Hello Everyone!

Since I am new here....Here is my timeline so far:

February 10th 2015: Cervical Smear. Results shows High-grade dyskaryosis (moderate) present. Direct referral to Colposcopy. 

April 8th 2015: Attended Colposcopy clinic. Nurse performed LLETZ under local anaesthetic. 

April 27th 2015:  Results from Loop Biopsy confirm moderate and severe abnormalities of the cells on the cervix, (CIN 2 and 3) which were removed.

May 21st 2015:  Experiencing heavy bleeding and discharge. Prescribed IC Metronidazike.

January 6th 2016: Cervical smear. No dyskaryotic cells seen. High risk HPV detected. Direct referral to Colposcopy. 

March 3rd 2016: Colposcopy examination showed no abnormality. Nurse opinion was ‘normal’. Advised next smear test should be January 2019. 

(Relocated to U.S.A)

January 11th 2019: Cervical Smear. Results show High-Risk HPV Type 16. High Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion. Referred to gynecologist. 

January 21st 2019: Gynecologist took several biopsies. Showing CIN3 abnormalities of the cells. 

February 20th 2019: LLETZ scheduled

I have a few questions, I am hoping somebody out there may be able to assist.

1. I understand HPV is not treatable, however there is a possibility my body could clear the infection on its own. Ive consistently tested positive for HPV since my first smear in 2015. Are there any changes I can make to my lifestyle to help my body get rid of it? I currently don't smoke/drink and exercise occasionally. 

2. This will be my second Loop Excision. If the abnormal cells return a third time, would I just get another LEEP? Or are there any other procedures out there that may be more effective?

3. Myself and my husband were planning on trying for a baby next year (I am turning 30 this August). Is this something I should hold off on? I understand the procedure can increase my chances of miscarriage

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide!

Hi! I'm literally waiting for my second treatment and have the same questions as you, how did you get on x