Scared

Hi everybody,

New to the forum and not yet been diagnosed with anything.

The last few times my husband and I have had sex I have had light spot bleeding. I also had a funny smelling discharge which cleared by itself.

I have a very tilted cervix which is always a nightmare during smears. Last smear 18 months ago clear.

Anyway nurse did swabs for STI but clear which after being prodded and poked for heavy periods and going through IVF I knew this would be the case. Been married 20 years. Cervix could not be seen at the swab taking so nurse gave up.

Anyway Dr now referred me for a colposcopy which I have already googled myself ill. I am trying not to but can't help it. Off to have pre bloods taken this morning so not sure what they are checking there.

No other symptoms of CC other than this bleeding after sex, between periods (now and again) and have periods but been like this since I was 15.

Scared is an understatement 

L XXX

Hi Lmgs it's no good anyone telling you not to worry but please stop googling. You have said that your uterus is tilted and the nurse couldn't see your cervix a colposcopy is a diagnostic procedure to look at your cervix since you have had bleeding after sex at the moment that is all. Take care x

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I got my bloods taken yesterday for a full blood count and colposcopy appt is on tue.  I am either bleeding more than normal today or my period is about to start but they told me still to go along so we will see.

A few people have mentioned permenipause (excuse spelling) so I really hope it's that. 

I am totally healthy other than this bleeding so I really hope it isn't bad news. I will let you know xxx