Scared newbie

Hi lovelies 

I had my colposcopy on Friday and I'm scared

I had severe high grade dyskaryosis cells found in my test results and had the loop diathermy done while I was there. The lovely nurse told me I'd be getting my results in about 4 - 6 weeks and expect some bleeding and discharge. That's all I remember

Is there anything else I should know and is feeling like a complete emotional wreck normal

Thank you x

Hi, It’s totally normal for you to feel very emotional. A diagnosis of high grade severe is pretty daunting and then having treatment, is very worrying to most people.

When I had my LLETZs, I was also advised to abstain from sex, swimming, heavy lifting and exercise for at least 6 weeks. Also don’t use tampons and douche. You may pass some clots and have some ‘gritty’ discharge, too. The general rule is that if you’re having to change more than a normal pad every hour, consult your gp or the hospital. The ‘gritty’ discharge is normal, as it’s the ‘scab’ from the treatment coming away.

Hi Lou c 

Sorry to hear your news. I'm new on here and not even sure if this message will even send haha.

May I ask how did it come about you having to go see a colposcopy? Was it through having a smear test? 

Sorry I only ask due to myself pestering the docs to do a smear but it's not due until May next year and having major symptoms of cervical cancer.

Finally she agreed to check me last Monday and referred me straight to have a colposcopy! 

Now am very worried as the past few months the doctor said it more likely to be my implant or cervical erosion which I agreed and settled with that explanation but she seemed concerned as I have got what feels like crusty lumps( TMI sorry) on my cervix. 

Sorry to bombard your post! 

Jess x

Jess huni feel free to bombard the post all you like ❤️

I was referred after getting an abnormal smear result. 

Big hugs hun

Lou

Hi, I unfortunately was one of the silly ones that kept putting off having my smear. After then getting every symptom in the book for cervical cancer I booked my smear. The result took 14 weeks to arrive and I have my colposcopy and Lletz Looping tomorrow due to high grade severe as well. I am literally petrified. Do they ever give results on the day? was the looping okay? could you carry on back to work afterwards? sorry for all of the questions I am so nervous. 

xxx

Thank you for replying!

Aww bless you I bet you Are! 

It's the not knowing that is the worst.! The doctors haven't given me any info as to what they think it could be but her face said it all.

I am in agony with lower right pelvic pain which even after taking pain killers is not going away.! My swab for STDs and blood test for amenia  all came back fine which I was hoping it would be something so it could explain the extreme tiredness and constant heavy blood loss. Now my colposcopy appointment cannot come quick enough just to find out something or anything. 

Did anyone else have symptoms similar before they found anything wrong? 

Jess x