Scared about my biopsy results tomorrow please someone answer..

Hey everyone this is my third time posting and no one seems to be answering I am a complete mess. For the past 3 years I have been having every text book symptom of cervical cancer. Bleeding between periods, bleeding after sex and pain during sex. Along with lower backaches and much more. I have had 5 pap tests come back negative along with HPV dna tests as well and transvaginal ultrasound. I even went to get a pelvic cat scan one day at the hospital because I was convinced this must be advanced cancer but that was clear too. At this point I am thinking this is Adenocarcinoma which starts at the higher end of the cervical canal and they are just missing it. I finally demanded a colposcopy last Tuesday and the doctor did it. She said my cervix is friable and bleeds easily. She also saw two abnormal areas on my cervix in which she took 2 biopsies from. I asked her I said doc please be honest do ypu think this is cervical cancer. And she so confidently said no. I asked do you think this could even be pre-cancerous cells and she said no to that as well. What else could this be???!! I have no fibroids no cysts nothing. I am totally convinced tomorrow when the results are in this is going to be cancer and I am TERRIFIED. I am only 26 years old and have always been on top of my pap smears this would be so unfair. To top it all off I have no kids. I am a mess please someone give me some sort of advice. I really have a feeling those abnormal areas are cancer and I am done for..

Hi worried girl,

Sorry no one has replied. I know how you must be feeling, it's a terrifying time. 

I honestly think the professionals know what they are doing/seeing and hopefully that puts your mind at rest. 

Obviously you are listening to your own body and that's amazing. When this experience is out of the way and fingers crossed your results are what you are hoping for, then you have at least ruled it out. 

Best of luck with your results tomorrow, please keep us updated xx

Thank you for your kind reply. I am hoping and praying it is not what I think it is. But I just feel like I would be lucky at this point after so long of having theae symptoms that its not cancer.

Hiya

From the sounds of it you if it's very unlikely you have cervical cancer. You've tested negative for HPV and you've had a clear ct scan. 

I am sorry you feel people aren't replying. It's highly unlikely you have cancer.  Every single test you have had done so far shows no cancer and I'm sure the biopsies will be the same.. It's also very rare at your age.

I am wondering why you are so worried with this particular cancer. Do you know someone affected by it? Your imagination seems to be running away with you a bit.

Perhaps, once the biopsies are in your mind will finally be at rest. Good luck. 

Hi Petesdragon, 

Just based off the symptoms and no explanation behind my reoccuring symptoms makes me feel like it might be cancer. Also because she saw abnormal areas light up during the ct scan that make me think what else could cause those areas to light up besides cancer or pre-cancerous cells? Thank you for your reply by the way. The more advice the calmer I get. But I guess I will never really be calm till I get my results.

Hey it’s hard to, but try not to worry too much. I had a smear come back high grade 3 weeks ago and within a week I had a colposcopy and then the LLETZ operation. During the op they found a carcinoma in situ of exocervix - this wasn’t seen until the op. The surgeon removed it successfully so just waiting on the biopsy result now. I also diagnosed positive for HPV too.

my mum and both her sisters have had cervical cancer so I’ve always known I was at risk of getting it one day x

Hi Logan, thank you for your kind words as well as everyone else. I am just afraid of not only turnining my life upside down but my husband and familys as well. I wish you luck with your results that you are awaiting as well. You will be in my prayers xox

Hi, have you seen a gynaecologist about adenomyosis or endometriosis? I have both of these and they cause back pain, spotting and bleeding after sex. 

Good luck for today! Please do let us know how the appointment went. 

I’m just trying to get on with it. Sadly I lost my mum to pancreatic cancer in November so think I’m a little numb to everything that’s going on x

Hi HM! No I actually have not seen them about these problems. But I will go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. My doctors office called they said the two abnormal areas just came back as inflamation on the outer cervix and my endocervical canal biopsy came back negative as well. I feel like I can finally breathe now. I know your all going to think I am nuts but theres no way ALL of these tests could be wrong right including the biopsies? But please dont get me wrong I am relieved.

You are not nuts!  I felt like a crazy person waiting for my colposcopy results.  I read every medical article online!  Glad to hear everything came back ok.    

Excellent, now enjoy a happy and healthy future.