Results MDT

Hi all

So I have received my results letter from colposcopy and it says:

I am writing to inform you of the outcome of your recent colposcopic loop biopsy. This has shown a precancerous change called CIN 3. I have asked for your case to be discussed at the cervical MDT meeting so we can review the smear sample that you were referred with and look at the loop biopsy again. You do not require any further treatment at this point in time and we will let you know if any further treatment is needed following our discussion.

So all I know upto now is that my smear was severe, on 2s for colposcopy they said there and then it needs treatment, had lletz that day and now I have received this.

I have grabbed onto the cin 3 part so that’s good, but is it normal to be referred to mdt?

What’s the likelihood that I need more treatment?
What treatment could we be looking at?

Has anyone else had this and what was the outcome please?

Thanks for reading

1 Like

Yes, it’s normal to be referred to MDT for the treatment plan. The likelihood is that you will just be closely monitored as there was nothing in the letter to suggest you needed more treatment, but these things are taken to the team as a matter of course.

Statistically, once it’s been treated you should be in the clear, but there is always a small chance it will come back and if it does it will be handled in the most efficient way depending on what the stage of the cells is - so best I think to be positive at the moment, from the letter. X

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, so it’s normal for cin 3 to go to mdt? I was not expecting it I was expecting a come back in 6 months letter or something?
Maybe I will get that letter after the mdt?

I had a Lletz in February which came back as CIN 3 and this went to a mdt meeting. Unfortunately they were not able to remove all the cells so I am having another Lletz on Wednesday. So it’s positive that they have said no further treatment is needed at this stage. Xx

Ah ok, did they say in your letter they hadn’t got it all and that you’d have to go back?

Sorry for the late reply! Yes they said I had a lot of precancerous cells and that they hadn’t got them all so they would need to do another Lletz treatment which I am having on Wednesday so fingers crossed they get it all this time xx

1 Like

We’re keeping everything crossed for you Claire. I’m sure they’ll sort it this time. X

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you xx