Results are in

15 days post lletz biopsy for glandular neoplasia of endocervical type on smear and i have my biopsy results. They show no CGIN what so ever but Cin2 with one margin unclear. My case is going before MDT on Wednesday where they will contact me to let me know the next step as this is now classed as a mismatch. In the meantime they are going to look at my smear again to confirm if CGIN is present.

Feeling rather relieved. I know I’m not totally in the clear but I do feel a bit more positive that cancer wasn’t seen on this biopsy. They took a rather big piece so my mind is saying if it was there they would have seen it.

Yay for no cancer! Good luck for everything else! 

So no news yet for me, I rang yesterday as advised only to be told the pathologist was off sick and the MDT meeting had been deferred until Monday now.  

Im feeling ok in myself although I would like to know of anyone who has had a mismatch before.  I've searched using the search bar and there are a few stories on there but no real answers in the outcome.

im trying to get my head around how a smear test can show glandular neoplasia yet the biopsy have no trace of it at all, Just Cin2.  I understand most mismatches are due to errors in reading smears and a few are from reading biopsies.  From the cases I've read it's generally been a grade difference between CINs, I can't find much on mismatches between types of cells (Squamous vs glandular).  Any input would be welcomed. 

My results from the MDT meeting are cytology changes downgraded to borderline abnormal.  Clear margins for cin1 and 2 with lletz biopsy.  No further treatment needed and a an appointment in 6 months for test of cure.   Over the moon and so very relieved.