Getting Confused

So I had a smear in November which came back as abnormal cells - CGIN detected

Went in 3 days later for a colonoscopy where they only took biopsies as said wouldn't do LLETZ as I hadn't brought anyone with me.

My results 6 weeks later came back as no abnormalities- the relief was immense but they said they were sending my case to a MDT meeting.

After the meeting they did decide that I had CGIN cells and was booked in for a LLETZ treatment.

Had the treatment 2 weeks ago and now waiting for results, I managed to get an infection so went to my Drs on Monday where they re examined me and gave me antibiotics. I asked the Dr if my results were back and he said they were but would need to wait for the consultant to get back in touch. I could see on his screen that it showed CIN1 but no CGIN detected.

I'm.confusef as my smear and the MDT meeting showed CGIN cells do you think the LLETZ didn't go deep enough and I could possibly need more treatment?

just hate the waiting game!

Hi Nikkilynn the waiting for results is awful but you really do have to wait I know anxiety makes you think the worst. Your lletz may show that the cells have been removed with clear margins or that you need another lletz or regular check ups just to wait and see. Try really hard not to google and just look after yourself until you know what you are up against. Take care x

Hello I'm also going through the same and have been refured to a md meeting my smear and biopsy confirmed cin3 but my lletz showed absolutely no cin or job present now waiting for the meeting to take place. Very confusing isn't it. I hope you get some answers to why this has happened 

So sorry you are both going through this stressful waiting time. I too have had conflicting results and the MDT was being held today to discuss, I’m currently waiting for a call from the dept but I’m not holding my breath now as I was told they were til 5pm. (I phoned and the nurse said she would phone me back as she didn’t have all my notes)

I had a smear in Jan that came back Severe (high grade) dyskariosis, was booked in for colposcopy within 2 weeks with a consultant.  Attended the colposcopy to be told that he couldn’t really find an area to treat, so no removal procedure just took 4 punch biopsies.  Biopsy result came back cin1 and hpv changes, which clearly contradicts the smear. So they have taken me to an MDT.

The waiting is the worst.

please let us know the outcome of your meetings ladies, if you’re interested I’ll post when I hear from mine.

take care xx

so I spoke to the clinic today as still not received the letter although I knew my Drs had the results!

the consultant has been away and it was due to be posted today.

she confirmed CIN1 detected and removed with clear margins but no CGIN detected! Therefore she is sending my case to another MDT (meeting of the minds as I like to call it) I asked when this would be and she said there was one next week that she will try and squeeze me into x