Referred for LLETZ

Hello again,

Following a colposcopy, I have been called back for a LLETZ. My letter says I have cell changes of CIN 2/3, but no evidence of cancer has been detected: I take it that's a good sign?

Also, I'd appreciate hearing what the procedure is like. Is it painful? How did you feel afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Hi 

I had a lletz back in April and I honestly found it fine, I just panicked a little as my heart was racing for about 20 seconds but I was told that was the anaesthetic (which I didn't even feel), the staff at the hospital were brilliant and made me feel at ease and one of them was chatting to me all the way through.

My procedure lasted about 25 mins as I have the coil fitted and she cut through the wires so I had to have another fitted.

I just felt a little tired after mine for a couple of days, I didn't bleed until about 10 days after and had a day where it was like a heavy period. I hope yours goes well x

Hello,

I had my first LLETZ about 3 weeks ago and it really wasnt as bad as I had imagined in my head. Little sting with the anesthetic and slightly weird pressure feeling, more unconforable than really painful. The nurses I had were so lovely and one held my hand! Id suggest taking a sugary drink/snack with you and make sure you eat before. Simialr to the poster above, I felt really tired for a few days after, so take it easy and be kind to yourself :) 

Hope it all goes well x

Hi 

For me I did find the LLETZ uncomfortable and didnt help that my anxiety hit the roof during this procedure 

I wish I was a bit more braver for this but I wasnt 

I have bleeding every day since the procedure and the bleeding had changed during this time . Its been a week already . 

I think it effects people differently but having this done , I know it would be worth it 

Hi. 
I have had the exact same letter. When I was at my colposcopy the nurse was confident it was at most CIN1. But I've since had the letter saying it's CIN2. But the letter says pleased to say no evidence of cancer. 

I'm just so worried when I go to have them removed they will find something more serious