Lletz

Hello, I have never wrote on here before but have been reading posts for the past week after my letter from the hospital saying I have ungraded CIN and have got to go for lletz in a few weeks. I know I should be brave like so many of you are on here but I'm terrified. I kept having funny turns while they did previous punch biopsy it made me feel ill, hot, dizzy and sick. Does anyone have good experiences of lletz to share with me please? I am also so scared of what they might find. Big hugs to all of you xx

Hi hun, I was similar to you in that at my colposcopy they took 3 biopsies and I nearly fainted, I threw up and my blood pressure dropped so low they wouldn't let me leave. I still don't really know why all that happened. But after lletz I felt absolutely fine! It didn't take long at all and I walked straight out afterwards. In my experience lletz was much easier than the punch biopsies. Good luck with it and keep in touch xxx

Thanks for that. Hope everything goes ok for you xx

Hiya,

I totally understand how you feel - during my first colposcopy and biopsy I hated every second, was crying and shaking and feeling dizzy and awful. During my second biopsy I felt pretty awful too. Yesterday I had lletz and I didn't find it any worse than the biopsy - I tried my hardest to take deep breaths to relax and just tried to focus on the fact that it's a small procedure in order to prevent anything worse from developing. It's over quite quickly and I think trying to relax really helps (although it's not easy at all!!) I had a wisdom tooth out under local anaesthetic on Wednesday and I honestly found that worse. For me now it's just the emotional rollercoaster of waiting for results that I'm struggling with!!
Good luck with the lletz and please try not to worry, when is it booked for?
xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks