Recurrence in Mediastinal Lymph Node

Hi all,

It's been a while since my last post. To recap, I was diagnosed with Stage 2b last June. I had a 7cm tumour on my cervix and extensive lymph node metastases including the para-aortic nodes.  I was treated with weeks of chemoradiation and four rounds of brachytherapy. I then had four rounds of adjuvant chemo.

Two weeks ago I got the results of my first follow-up PET scan and the news was mixed. The good news was that the treatment had been successful on the previously identified cancer and that there was no evidence of any disease in the treated areas. The bad news was that the cancer had since spread to two mediastinal lymph nodes in my chest.

As I haven't received radiation to my chest before, I'm eligible for curative radiotherapy, which I'm commencing next week. My radiation oncologist told me this is an unusual case and he's only had one other patient with this type of recurrence before. I've tried Googling but I can't a single piece of information about this specific situation.

So, I'm reaching out, wondering if anyone here has experienced this or knows of someone who has. Thank you!

Hi 

I'm a recurrent lady but palliative

I haven't any experience of recurrence where you have it but I see from your post you can have curative radiotherapy so this is good news for you curative being the word this is excellent for you 

I know it's an emotional rollercoaster time for you at the mo and I do hope that some one comes along with experience but please keep that curative word in your head 

onwards and upwards 

love Michelle xx 

Thank you so much Michelle. Best wishes to you xx