Recent hysterectomy and sentinal lymph node removal

Hi all

This is my first time posting. I was diagnosed with stage 1a2 cervical cancer with present lvsi at the back end of last year.

On 6th of feb I had a a simple hysterectomy (removal of uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes) Ovaries were left in place due to my age (32) they did not want me to go into early menopause. I also had a sentinal lymph node removal where they inject the die and remove the nearest lymph nodes that light up in the pelvis.

I am recovering well apart from in my left thigh and inner groin I have some numbness and tingling. It’s also quite sore. I know it sound wierd but it’s sore and numb at the same time. I have read this could be nerve damage from the lymph node removal. I know there is risk of lymphoedema but there is no swelling that I can see. I have quite chunky thighs anyway and both thighs look the same.

I wondered if there is anyone who has a similar experience?

I haven’t had a post op appointment yet with my oncologist so I’m still awaiting for the histology.

Also I was told my stitches are dissolvable however they are still all there tied up lol really don’t look like they are going to dissolve. Does anyone know how long this takes.

I know there’s a lot of different stuff in this post but I would really appreciate any responses

Thanks

Hi…

I was diagnosed with 1b2 cc in September last year and had a radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal in November. Im not sure how many were removed but it was more than sentinal as my surgeons didnt do that. I experienced exactly what you are describing with the numb but strange feeling thighs and it also felt the same around my cut.

I had to take a deep breath and make myself wash the areas as they felt so weird. Sort of sore and numb. I worried about lymphodema but slowly the feeling all came back and i have now had complete normal feeling for some time.

I also thought my stitches werent going to go but somehow they just seemed to disappear overnight one day. I dont know how it happened as one day i showered and it felt and looked like they were there and the next days shower they were gone.

For me i felt very relieved after my first check up where my wounds were checked and everything is found to be normal. All the very best for your recovery xxx