Life after lymph node removal

Hello everyone,

Last year I was diagnosed with stage 1a2 cervical cancer, I had 2x LLETZ, one done under anaesthetic and I have had my pelvic lymph nodes removed. Thankfully these were clear and I’m just waiting on the results from my 6 month smear. Since my operation 9 months ago, I have had quite intense leg pain down my left leg but it’s localised in my ankle strangely. I’m a school teacher so my job is pretty stressful and hands on, the pain intensifies with the tiniest hint of stress, pain relief is wearing off more quickly and I find myself in agony for most of the day.
I then started taking the contraceptive pill and over the past month I’ve had strange discharge, bleeding between periods and this months period was just brown blood/discharge with very little cramp. I’ve had horrendous migraines too.
I’m beginning to worry it’s something more sinister appose to just side effects from the pill.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you x

1 Like

I’ve had strange periods following two lletz for 1a1 cc. My consultant thinks it’s caused by stenosis: scar tissue blocking the cervix. Could it be something similar? Are you able to speak to your consultant about it?

Hi, have you been doing the Lymph drainage massage?

@Clokeychips Could you point me in the direction of where to learn this massage technique? I’ve had pain in my left leg for weeks and weeks now, my CNS who hasn’t seen me, referred to the DVT clinic despite my GP who has examined me saying she’s not concerned about DVT, but wouldn’t rule out lymphoedema, the pain is driving me mad now

1 Like