Lymphectomy

Hi, in February 2020 i was diagnosed with stage 1AB squarmous cell cervical cancer, i had two lots of lletz and my pelvic lymph nodes removed, since then, i have struggled with very painful legs, and also loss of feeling in parts of my left leg, i am now 15 weeks pregnant, i am in absolute agony with my leg pain, i was wondering if anybody else has experienced this after a lymphectomy? My legs arent actually swollen, but the circulation is poor, they are a range of colours mostly blue and purple lower down, the pain is more sever at the top though

1 Like

This sounds truly horrible! What does your GP and your cancer team say about this? Do they think this is a form of lymphoedema?

Hey …. I totally understand. My legs ache and are constantly cold . I was told nerve damage and it would get better …. But it hasn’t . Im older tho ( 48 ) I think if I’d have been a lot younger it may have been different for me .

Hi

I have mentioned this each timeni have been to my check up, they have just suggested nerve damage as i have no swelling, they ease up completly whrn i am in bed, i dread getting up for it to start all over again, im going to ring my gp today and see what they say

Hi

I am just glad to know i am not on my own, whenever i have searched forums about this issue, i never see anything about the same. Im just a little concerned its going to make me more susceptible to blood clots, especially whilst i am pregnant! Im just thinking if they are this bad at 15 weeks, how will they be when i am 30 weeks!?

1 Like