Reading more and more recurrance

Just wondered I’ve been reading and hearing of more people having a recurrence of cc I’m just wondering if there is anyone that knows of the percentage of it coming back I sit and worry I’m back at the hospital in March I’m going to ask more about it

People  don't really post to say they are well and cleared leanne. I expect once people have got to a certain stage in their lives they no longer need the support offered on here so don't look at the forum. understandable really. I want to forget I ever had it but I still come on daily to give support to anyone who I feel I can help. 

You see recurrence because people post when they need help

Hi Leeanne if you want to know ask your Oncologist. The rates vary depending on lots of different aspects not just stage etc. Remember too that the statistics don't neccessarily reflect what's going to happen to you. Statistically I shouldn't have survived my recurrence but I did and am now as fit as a fiddle. Jayne

When something is on your mind, you tend to notice it more. Pregnant women is a classic example, if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant you notice far more pregnant women than you normally would. Similarly, if you are worried about a recurrence you will notice every time it is mentioned so it will seem like it happens more often. Once you are a bit further down the road you will find that you worry less :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Leanne youre asking my exact thoughts for the last two weeks! I'm not even finished treatment and for some one reason before I've it even cleared I'm worried about it recurring and its all im seeing every where is recurring so it's such a relief reading the posts on this 

Hi :) 

exactly as philleepa has said ladies who are fine after treatment generally get on with life and maybe have family or friend support so don'T need the forum!! Others who are still fighting or having a reoccurrence seek help and support off ladies who know what they going through!! Reoccurance rates are so very different from lady to lady...there's lots to take into account...grade, stage, spread etc etc...my oncologist said its individual as 2 woman with a stage 2 could have difference % of a reoccurance!! xx

Hi Leeanne, 

I have recurrence unfortunately : ( I was diagnosed initially with Stage 2b CC, no lymph node involvement but it was Poorly Differentiated so most aggressive type but I never once thought it would return. In July last year I got NED then in the Nov told it was back. I thought I was safe as no lymph nodes but as everyone has said, we are all different & the statistics are nearly always outdated & not reliable.

I think as others have said it depends on stage, type & sometimes it's just luck of the drawer. We all have worries it will return, you wouldn't be human if you didn't as it takes over our lives both physically & mentally. Please try not to worry constantly about it although I know it will be very hard not to.

If someone of the same stage as you has recurrence it doesn't mean statistically it will happen to you. Everyone's treatment for the same stage as me differs when I read people's stories so I take that into account. 

You are doing well getting through treatment & coming out the other side, believe me you will be a stronger person for this & I am proud of all the ladies on here who have travelled our path.

Success stories are so heart warming to read & I find it empowers me to keep fighting. Alot do only read posts after treatment & not post themselves once their journey is over but they are out there, living & enjoying their lives so don't get downhearted or spend your time worrying about what may never happen, live & enjoy every minute.

Take care

Flo xx

P.S I consider myself a success story as I fought & won once & I will do it again!! : ) 

Try not to worry my lovely xx

Hi,

I haven't been on these forums for many years now, but I saw this post and just wanted to say I'm now 10 years all clear of stage 2B cancer. I still have yearly checks, and have had scares over the last 10 years but all were caused by radiation damage not recurrance.

i just wanted to put a positive message out there, I remember desperately searching for positive stories when I was diagnosed. There comes a time in recovery when you just can't cope with thinking about it any more, and I did take a step back from the forums just for my own sanity! But there are positive outcomes out there, and I'm extremely blessed to be one of them (So far!)

Laura xx

1 Like

Hooray for you Laura! Ten years must feel great! I'm halfway there now :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli