Radiation Burns

OMG my bum feels as if it’s on fire every time I go to the loo. Whenever I am a little constipated or not it’s like acid. Has anyone had this. Also blood as well and I was doing so well with the side effects, but this is agony.

Any suggestions.xx

Hi fire

I also had this..it got to the point where I would be crying in pain and dreaded goingto the toilet..I mentioned it to my nurse and she prescribed me suppositories and cream for it...it didn't stop the pain completely but it took the edge off it...I'm glad to say it does get better and I go normal now no pain at all...will say mind iv not got as much control over my bowel as I use to and av gotta run when I get the signal lol..but it's better than the pain xx

Thanks Louise. How long did it take to clear up. Finished my last external radiotherapy yesterday and just 1 brachy left.

Went and got some cocodemol today to try and take the edge off. Been using Vaseline as well. Xx

Hi fire 

It started settling down about 3-4 weeks after treatment..like I said I still gotta rush to the toilet at times but no pain..I honestly didn't know the radiotherapy was causing it I thought it was the chemo .if u can get the cream or suppositories tho I'd get them xx

Speak  to ur team i was  given some cream  that  really  helped  n i went to using  baby wipes not  loo roll as that  was  less  harsh I was crying with the pain i was  that  rare  if the  cream  she gave  me dint work  she was  gonna  give me flamazen which is a burn  cream  its  worth asking BUT DON'T  USE SODOCREAM xxxx