Burning bits! Eek!

Hey all, it’s me on the moan again lol.
Just after some advice.
Hands up if you ended up with burny bits.
My foof feels a little sore, but when i pee it is very sore. Its almost like cystitis but not if that makes sense. Its more spread out. Boy this is a pleasant post. Sorry haha.
Has anyone else had this? What did u do?
Im worrying as its only wk 2 of the radiotherapy so im hoping my foof doesnt burst into flames by wk 5 lol :-o
Big love xxx

Emma, you are a crazy creature and I see that we are going to have a lot of trouble with you!

If your foof - and I loooove that name - bursts into flames you will have several gorgeous firemen arrive at your house to put out the fire.  Who knows what they'll use but if they get out their big hoses - and you know what i'm talking about - we shall need photos posted!

But seriously, you poor baby.   Your little bladder and uretha are getting whacked senseless at the moment with your treatment and are no doubt feeling very sore and painful. I bet you'll have tons of ladies jump on to offer suggestions. Ask your nurse - maybe there's something you could take to help. 

Cranberry juice is good for cystitus - I wonder if your battered bladder would find it soothing?

Almost done with week 2, you brave girl.  

much love, t xx

Hey 

hey I can sympathise with you. 

had this from week 3 and it isn't nice. I was advised to stay away from cranberry juice and try lemon barley and that made a difference. Also drink as much as you can to flush it all out. 

You can take cystitis sachets as well if they help you xx

I can relate! I started drinking more water and am at about 2 litres a day. It has helped immensely and I feel a very minor burning every now and again but nothing like it was.

Like we don't go through enough as it is!!! Good luck and I hope you find some relief soon!!

Thanks girlies,

Good to know about the cranberry as that was my first port of call n didnt help.

Im finding it hard to find things ti drink that will go down n stay down. I used to be a water girl. That being my drink of choice. I cannot stand the stuff now. My tastes have changed drastically n seem to change everyday. I just find something n then i go off it again. Im so awkward lol.

Dont worry T. If any firemen approach my foof i will crack open the camera lol xxx

Hey there 2 weeks done and dusted girl! 

Have you tried those sachets of flavours that you can add to water? Peppermint or ginger tea? 

You're doing great Em and you're almost half way.  

Cheering you on baby.

I would try and drink more. I was told to aim for 3 litres ..

water started red to repeat in me so the barley water was a welcome change xx

Hi Emma

I know you said you've gone off it but I found drinking loads of water helped. Maybe you could try drinking squash?

Also, make sure your bladder is full when you have your radiotherapy. They told me this would help protect it.

Hope it settles down for you soon. 

Cara xxxx

I asked my dr about this he said the burning feeling is because the  radiotherapy does cause burning to the lining of your bladder the dr said to me drinking lots to water down your urine will help he said the theory behind cranberry juice is that it's alkaline rather than acidic but you would have to drink a ridiculous amount to notice anything so water is the way forward, I've been drinking lemon barley I crave it at the moment.

Hi Emma,

I finished my treatment 12th Feb this year and like you had 5 weeks of Radiotherapy. I suffered terribly with my bladder and 'Cystitis' burning & pain. It is the radiotherapy burning your bladder which I know sounds awful but it kills good cells aswell as Cancer cells.

I too found it hard to drink water (I used to drink it by the bucket full) but found Vimto cordial helped me take in the right amount of fluid daily. Cranberry did not help at all as it isn't a water infection but plenty of fluids is the way forward to keeping your urine diluted so as not to get an infection. I got extremely sore on my 'foof' too & 1 of the Chemo nurses recommended a cream called Hydromol which soothed it straightaway. They give you a huge bottle with a pump dispenser & I put it on several times a day. I just asked my Consultant for a prescription.

I can't sympathise with you enough because I can remember the pain & discomfort I felt. It does get better and will ease but don't suffer on silence. I hope you start to feel some relief soon. 

I know it hurts but you must keep up with the fluids and go to the toilet. 

Sending you a massive hug and Take Care XX

Keep me updated how you are..

J xx

Hey girlies,

Thanks for all your advice, having a toughie this week. Will chat more later. Lots of love to u all xxxxxxx

Hi Em:

Glad you checked in - I've been worried about you.

Babe, I'm so sorry you've had a tough week. I'm thinking of you and sending you love. Hope that next week is easier. 

love t xxx

Hi Emma :-)

Sorry you have had a poo week :-( Am I right to think this is the end of week three? 60% there? Over half done? Less than that to go?
The light is at the end of the tunnel! Have a relaxing weekend :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli