Punch biopsy1

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice… I went for a colposcopy on Tuesday and they said they found abnormal cells and needed to take a biopsy… how long did people have to wait for results? I’m scared of it being cervical cancer and I just want some positive stories… don’t wanna wait weeks for my results either :sob:

Hi Sarahh174

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are having an anxious wait as I was the same c4 weeks ago.

I receive a letter with a follow up appointment within 7 days. I live in Birmingham. I do believe time period varies depending on the healthcare area.

I truly hope you get the news you are looking for and if you don’t remember this forum has a strong group women that will support you.

Stay strong and if possible distract yourself as much as possible as this waiting period can easily rob all the happiness and joy from your life IF you let it.

Mena xx

2 Likes

I got mine back in 2 weeks as my smear showed high grade so was on the 2 week pathway until the punch biopsy confirmed nothing sinister and just CIN3.

1 Like

Thank you for replying, I hope you’re all okay now I know how scary it feels x

Hi, I had mine yesterday and was told up to 6 weeks :weary: does anyone know if good or not so good news cones back faster? Is there a difference or is it all the same?

I got told 6 weeks too. I heard it’s all the same regardless but not many have had to wait the 6 week period.

Hi, oh good so hopefully it won’t be the full 6 weeks for us. Did they give you an idea of the results at your colposcopy? X

They said HPV but that’s all the said… they still took biopsies though. How about you?

I was told borderline changes on my smear result and 3rd year HPV. The colscopist said she thinks I have CIN2 and they took a biopsy. Did you find yours painful? Mine was awful, I think they wanted to take two but it was too painful for me. She said I need to go back for LLETZ, I’ve read that they sometimes treat you there and then, I’m not sure why that didn’t happen for me if that’s what they say I need.

I am pretty sure if they thought there was anything to be worried about they would of said there and then so I hope your results come quickly and they are all good :crossed_fingers: xx

1 Like

See I wasn’t due my smear till sept this year as I’m only 27. Had my first just before turning 25 and was all normal. It’s crazy that you’ve had it 3yrs running :pleading_face: mine didn’t even tell me that… like the CIN number :woozy_face: I found the solution more irritable than the biopsy, biopsy didn’t hurt me at all really. I’m sorry yours was painful :frowning: yeah I read that online too that they normally do that there and then… & all they said to me was they can’t tell me much only the biopsy can tell the story :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I’m worried cause I didn’t get any inclination what it could be. I wish you the best with your treatment and I hope the LLETZ works for you :crossed_fingers:t2:

Yeah they said I have a sensitive cervix, I felt like a bit of a wimp :rofl: best way to think is they are on top of it and at least we are in their hands as opposed to nothing. Hopefully we will get our results soon. Xx

1 Like

Awh no you’re not a wimp at all don’t think that! I’m a wimp when it comes to stuff like this :joy:yeah that’s it, I’ve been dwelling since Tuesday but I’ve realised dwelling isn’t going to make my results come quicker haha… so I wish you the best of luck hope it’s nothing sinister & you get the best treatment! Mine is more unknown atm xx

@Sarahh174_h you will probably need a LLTZ…similar to a Colposcopy just involves local anasthetic. Mine went well as nurse held my hand…just breathe through it. I had my review this week Dr said they removed all the abnormal cells. Going for a pap smear and hpv test next month. Have to see if the hpv is cleared because thats the virus that causes cervical cancer but remember not all hpv causes it…i have been taking herbal supplements that have turkey tail , tumeric, DIM and green tea plus methyl folate and vitamic c everyday. You will be ok. All the best.[quote=“Heart, post:13, topic:57788, full:true”]
You will probably need a LLTZ…similar to a Colposcopy just involves local anasthetic. Mine went well as nurse held my hand…just breathe through it. I had my review this week Dr said they removed all the abnormal cells. Going for a pap smear and hpv test next month. Have to see if the hpv is cleared because thats the virus that causes cervical cancer but remember not all hpv causes it…i have been taking herbal supplements that have turkey tail , tumeric, DIM and green tea plus methyl folate and vitamic c everyday. You will be ok. All the best.
[/quote]

8 weeks in Wales. Still waiting…

Just had a call and got my results back, large area of CIN3 so going in Friday for lletz and they have said the consultant has got to do the treatment. Has anyone else gone in for treatment by themselves? Not sure I can sort childcare so my husband can come with me.

1 Like

I just had a call for mine a few days ago mine is all normal the smear, biopsy everything which has confused me a bit. I’m sorry that you’ve got cin3 I really hope they manage to sort it for you & your husband can go x

Oh amazing, glad you’re all good! Bet its a relief xxx