Private screening

Hi ladies, just looking for some advice!

it has been about a year since I received abnormal smear and positive hpv result. I had to go back about 6 weeks later and was found to be ‘ok’ and to come back in 3 years. I dont Really want to wait 3 years just in case, but my contraceptive nurse has said the NHS won’t do it.

just this year I’d like to go private to put my mind at rest but I have no idea how to go about it, even the nurse didn’t know, which was really helpful!

can anyone help? 

Hi I went private for a smear three years ago, I just googled private smears in the area I was living and booked with somewhere online. It was really easy and simple, cost about £100 and had the results within two days. That appointment saved my life, so it was worth every penny.

Hi, I have the same issues... I went back to the Drs 1.5 years after my Lletz and was told I couldnt have a smear as it would just get thrown out at the lab due to not being due.  I contacted a  private hospital who were lovely and explained it would cost about £180 for consultation and £75 for the smear and I could book the consultation whilst on the phone, also no waiting list.  I guess it depends on where you go re the price though x