Post treatment 6 month scan

I got my scan results today, they said everything looks good. On my 3 month scan it showed a mass of maybe scar tissue, but this scan they were able to see it was one of my Fallopian tubes. I had ovary transposition surgery, so I guess it was just in a weird place. I have a pelvic exam tomorrow and then another scan in 4 months, then if everything looks good I just have pelvic exams and Pap smears. I was hoping to get things figured out with my menopause and see about HRT but they want to refer me to a endocrinologist first to see what would be the best thing for me. My estrogen level from a blood test (estradiol) tested in the normal range . But I heard from a different doctor those tests might not be accurate so it's confusing.my brachytherapy who's out of town, said I should be put on HRT, but today my radiation and chemo dr. Seem more reluctant and scared me about the risks, and my chemo dr said since my estrogen seems at a normal level that HRT would send me over and I'd be likely to get a blood clot.i see my gynecologist oncologist tomorrow so I'll see what he has to say, but now I just feel a little lost like I don't know what the best option is to do I just turned 34 so if I go on HRT it would probably be for awhile. I just hope my gynecologist oncologist will at least prescribe me the local estrogen cream for the time being because I have extreme vaginal dryness.i have to do lab work again in a month because something with my liver was a little off, so hopefully that was just a mistake.

Fantastic news Rissag that your scans looked good!! What a relief! So, so happy for you. 

It seems there is always something to think about on this journey and I am sure your Gynae oncologist will be able to give good guidance about HRT so you can decide what is best for you. Hope you get it sorted out soon to help with the menopause effects. 

Big hugs xx

Marissa this fabulous news! So happy for you!  

Thank you so much!

Thank you Izzy, I’m so happy for u too! I’m just so anxious and stressed about this whole menopause thing, I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Ahw I'm sorry you are feeling that way, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but we'll just have to ride it out. I am seeing a therapist to help me cope with the wreckage that this whole thing caused, have you considered looking for counselling? ( I might have asked this already but my memory is awful lately, I think I have chemo to blame for it) 

Good news about your scan results!

My GP and CNS both said to me that the pros out weigh the cons for starting HRT. I am 32 (today!) and was told that my body should be producing oestogen for the next 15-20 years, without it the long term effects could be awful. My cancer wasnt hormone related. I dont know about yours. 

There is always some tricky decision to make isnt there!!

Enjoy your scan results x

Delighted for you Rissag. Heartwarming to hear all the positive news. My oncologist said she wouldn't be recommending HRT for me unless I was really symptomatic but I'm 46 so a big difference in age. Feel for you! It really is hard to know the right thing to do, especially as even the experts differ in their opinions. I think just celebrate this weekend and think about it afterwards. Xx

Great news! I have my third pelvic exam tomorrow (or today, february 14th), so fingers crossed. 

Thank you girls! I just had my pelvic exam today and he did another Pap smear .and he said everything looks good in there as well. That dr said I should wait on the HRT for now too, so I guess I'm waiting , a little frustrating but I got my follow ups out of the way so now I'm just gonna enjoy my break until next exam and scan. I ask about the estrogen cream but he said to give the over the counter moisturizer a try first, so I bought some.i was a little sad and anxious the other day thinking about menopause and HRT and not knowing what to do, but I'm just gonna try to forget about for the time being and enjoy my next break.im so happy Izzy that your scan and pelvic exam was good! Maria im so happy for u too! And go enjoy this weekend in Ireland. Locket I'm glad your pelvic exam looked good and that you're in good spirits! We got one girl left Emma Emmz, and I'm sure hers will be great too and I can't wait to congratulate her!  Play pretend I hope everything turns out well for u tomorrow and u enjoy your weekend, are u from the United States too? It seems like Pap smears after treatment are a U.S Thing? Idk 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Play Pretrend

oh Marissa I just couldn't be happier for you :) this is just the best news. I hope that you have been doubly spoilt rotten this valentines!!
 Ladies, Marissa, izzzy, locket, Memagh your practically perfect results have given me so much hope, you are all warriors and I hope that there will be so many more positive results to come as you all continue to kick cancers butt!! 
I look forward to joining you all in a month or so. Massive hugs and loads of love to you, enjoy life, celebrate brilliant scan results and don't let cancer over shadow anything.

love to you all xxx 

Hi girls!!

Thank you all for the support!

Marissa i am over the moon for your results, so happy, and of course for all of you other girls too!

My pelvic exam went great today. I am all clear, NED. Everything looks and feels great. Only have stenosis at the top of my vagina.. its my own fault, i got a little lazy with the dilators over christmas. My GYN ONC told me to keep going with the dilators, he can still get in now but it should not close up more. 

I am actually from the Netherlands, but i live in South America :) so i got part of my treatment in Curaçao and my brachy in Colombia.. i got to see the world :p that is one positive i got from this.

In the Netherlands they also keep doing smears.

My name is Laura by the way, maybe thats easier. xxxx

Laura ik kom uit Utrecht, ook Nederlandse ❤

NED, so happy for you!

Small world, finding another Dutchie here 

Rissag, i am so happy your scans came back normal, what a weight off! 

I am sympathetic to your hrt confusion, i really hope they sort something out for you soon and you are confident about the outcome of using it in the future.

So happy for all the other ladies in the thread too. My treatment journey is due to start in 2 weeks i think, so i'll catch up to you soon. 

Laura!! Amazing news, I am just so very pleased for you, I hope you celebrate! I have been lazy with the dilators too I am expecting a "talk" at my March appointment hehe

gosh there is just so much happiness news at the moment, it certainly feels so much better than 6 months ago. 

play you will be joining the joy before you know it, I hope treatment goes well for you, we're here shours you need us xxx

love to you all xxxx

Laura, great news I'm so happy for you! Yeah using the dilators can feel like a chore sometimes. I use mine two times a week 20 min each time 3 day break in between and it's ok. I wonder sometimes how many days we can go without It effecting us.

Thank you, and great news you got your start date, try to rest up and get the stuff you need together.