Post radical hysterectomy - fears

Dear All,
I had a radical hysterectomy in January 2022 and thankfully got good news there is no spread to the lymph nodes. In the past few months, I took time to rest and recover and worked hard at being positive!
I never thought there may be possible future risk, once this tumour was dealt with. But now I find myself overwhelmed with fear of reoccurance, spirilling to fear of my lack of positivity.
I think i had assumed if i got this far, future checks would ensure nothing further would have a chance to develop?
Advice or information very muc appreciated.
many thanks
Rose.

1 Like

Youre not alone in feeling that fear. I was tild last week that theres no sign of cancer after my 3 month post treatment MRI. I should be celebrating but its constantly in my thoughts. I did have some counselling sessions though my work and yes theyve helped somewhat but I can’t shake it.
That said i know this is very common and only time will help.
So no real advice there… just a ’ you’re not on your own’
:heart:

1 Like

Hey … I totally understand and I’m pretty much the same . I worry / anxiety a lot . Xxx you’re definitely not alone xxx

1 Like

You are really not alone. Iam nearly 6 months pre radical hysterectomy from me being diagnosed with cc. Iam now due my 6 month vaginal vault check not quite sure what that includes but iam so nervous i nener really thought of it until i have had my appointment but very thankful they will keep a 6 monthly check on me.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, seems something we have to learn to live with, and some days are easier than others. I hope time helps you too!

1 Like

Hope sharing this helps you feels less anxiety too. Thanks for your reply. These days I am trying to stay in the day - and remind myself all is well today. X

2 Likes

Best of luck with your check up, i hope it goes well for you. Mine will be coming up in July, also not sure what it entails. I will try to remember all is well and I am being checked.

1 Like