Waiting on results

Hi

i am 2 weeks post op ( radical hysterectomy) and am waiting on my results , appointment on Wednesday . I feel like I am going mad waiting. I can't stop thinking about it and am very upset and anxious scared to death that the surgery hasn't got it all . I was diagnosed with stage 1B but following surgery my consultant told me he could not see any cancer and is therefore microscopic and there was nothing he was not expecting. My lymph nodes in my pelvis were removed he said they will also be tested but there was nothing to suggest it has spread to the lymph nodes( they were no swollen ) he said everything looks encouraging, just looking for people that have been through this. Feel like I don't know how I am going to get to Wednesday and how I am going to cope in the waiting room and being told the results.

Hi Kerry

I had stage 1b1 and had my hysterectomy October 2013.  The results were clear margins with no spread to the lymph nodes and hopefully you will be the same.  What the consultant said to you is very positive and encouraging and I would take strength from that.  Like everything in this journey, the waiting is the worst part and we all drive ourselves crazy imagining all sorts.

Try and keep your mind occupied with other things and hopefully the time will go quickly.  Take one day at a time and be kind to yourself.  You've been through a lot already so you will find the strength to cope, we all do even though we think we won't.

Take care and let us know how you get on, will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi Kerry :-)

I was a 2b and had my hysterectomy in November 2011. My surgeon was thrilled that all 17 lymph nodes tested negative and there has been no sign of recurrence ever since. I'm sure you will be just fine. Certainly follow-up tests are a nerve-wracking time at the start but they improve with time.

Be lucky :-)

Tivoli