Post loop diathermy bleeding

Hi all,

I had a loop diathermy to remove CIN 2&3 cells on 27th April. I ended up being put on antibiotics 2 days after due to an infection. Through all this I have been getting increased watery discharge that is clear andas expected. Now today this has started to get dark and looks like blood. There's not loads but it's a drastic change in a day! I don't normally have periods due to having a coil.

Did anyone else have this? Unfortunately I googled ??‍♀️ and I read that if this kind of change in bleeding  happens then should seek medical advice. But I'm not sure, it doesn't seem bad enough to contact the colposcopy clinic / GP!

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

I had my second LLETZ the day before you and I'm currently in full flow re blood. Heavier than I've ever experienced in my life but not changing pads more than two hourly.

I've always had really light periods and used tampons so it's definitely a very different experience.

It's also completely different to my experience of my first LLETZ.

My advice would be any concerns give either colposcopy or your GP a call. I personally prefer colposcopy, the receptionists are so much more considerate of your procedure and emotions x