post LLETZ symtoms

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light?

I have had a pretty embarrassing symptom after my colposcopy (second one in two days) and LLETZ under general anesthetic.

Firstly, I have had a lot of watery discharge that is kind of yellowy and smells really odd. I am worried people can smell it! My concern is that it might be an infection as it has been like this for a week.

Has anyone else had this for a week?

Natalie

Hello , Please see a dr , after my LLETZ I had awful cramping and the next day I had the most foul discharge . I ended up taking 3 types of antibiotics for two weeks and was almost admitted to hospital .

take care 

Michelle 

I am sorry to hear that! I hope you are now better! I took your advice and  just spoke to my GP.  He said it is unlikely to be anything to worry about unless I was feverish or shivery. 

A few times, it has felt like I had wet myself. I literally can't go 5mins without a pad on. I will be on the 'tennar lady' soon!&  Today my period started (I think!) I feel like I don't know what is going on there anymore. 

Natalie x

Hi Natalie, thank you for posting - I'm exactly the same! Had my lletz on Monday and from Saturday onwards I've been a bit like a waterfall! Sorry to be graphic, but oh my god! I was wearing red trousers at work on Saturday - let's just say it wasn't ideal. I've been a Google warrior and found that it's normal. Hope we both recover quickly! Xx

Hi ladies,

I am still waiting for my biopsy results and it has now been over two weeks since my procedure. Just having a very heavy period now with lots of big clots (sorry to be graphic) it's all pretty gross but I am hoping it will ease off soon. 

I have tried to keep busy and as I am a primary school teacher, that has been very easy to do! 

I am just starting to worry again now it's the weekend the anxious feelings are creeping back. 

How long do biopsy results usually take to come back after LLETZ? Perhaps no news is good news and I would have known sooner if there was something seriously wrong. 

Thank you for your replies so far. It's so comforting having people to share this with. 

Natalie x