Post lletz- pregnancy

Hi,

I’m 28 and this year we decided we’d try for a baby  after my smear in April. Unfortunately my smear meant I was referred for a colposcopy. After the colposcpy I had precancerous cells. At my appointment I asked for a biopsy before the lletz treatment. As I was concerned about future pregnancies. The biopsy results showed job and cin 1,2 and 3. I had 10mm removed through the lletz. My results came back saying they had removed the pre cancerous cells but there had been no change. I have my 6 month smear in January. How important is it that I wait till after my six month smear before getting pregnant? 

Thank you :)

Jess 

Hello

i was told by my doctors that it shouldn’t affect conceiving, although the procedures may slightly increase the chances of miscarriage. Try not to worry I think.

Hey, I am in a similar position. I was waiting for my smear to start ttc. Then with the results, colposcopy and Lletz procedure it hasn’t gone to plan. I was advised to wait until the follow up to try. Mine is in 2 weeks and I am stressed! Really nervous about whether it will have come back and when I can try. 

Its really important to get the all clear before you try. 

Good luck xx