Pregnant after Lletz

I found out I'm pregnant this week it's been a shock as was not planning I'm on the pill. Back in September I had a colposcopy, Lletz treatment and biopsy for CIN3 and now I'm worried it will affect my pregnancy as it's so close having procedure then getting pregnant. Has anyone else had a baby so close after Lletz. Also what will happen with my follow up colposcopy in 4 months time. I've got so many questions floating around as well as trying to get my head around unplanned unexpected pregnancy. TIA x

Hey, 

Firstly Congratulations! Unfortunatly i cant answer your question but i am also looking for information on the same thing, myself & my parter are trying for a baby but also like yourself are wanting to know if there are any risks i also had a colposcopy & 2 lletz treatments as well as lymph node removal. 

have you tried looking for info online? I am also due to have follow ups in jan as well as mri scans etc so im not sure how this would work if i got pregnant between now & then. 

Happy to have a chat if you would like to. 

Good luck 

Alex 

Iv had lettz treatment then three days after I find out I'm 8 weeks pregnant unexpected to hope Dnt mind me writing ur post have so many questions floating about to .hope ur ok x

Hello. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I got pregnant about 5 months after a lletz treatment, before the test of cure smear. I'm presuming that you had clear margins from your lletz for cin 3 and that your colposcopy in 4months is for the follow up smear. If your lletz was on a large area, it can sometimes cause a thickening or weakening of the cervix. I'd suggest you mention to your midwife that you were treated for cin 3 recently and that you are a bit worried it might have an impact on your pregnancy. This should prompt her to write to your gyn to check what they think. I'm not saying this will be case, in my case my lletz didn't make any difference, and I had a normal delivery, just that you want to ask the right questions and make sure all is in order. As far as your colposcopy is concerned, you should still attend it, let them know you are pregnant and they'll just keep an eye on you. In my case, my cin had returned despite the lletz ( they returned again later on) and I had two colposcopies while pregnant. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. X

Miss U.K. I know this is old but I’m in same situation wondered how all went for you please x