Positive story

Hi, I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer on November 19th 2015. It’s been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I was diagnosed as Stage 3b after it had been confirmed during my op on January 21st 2016 that the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes.

After a radical hysterectomy, chemoradiation with a follow up of Bracytherapy I can now say that I’ve been given the “All clear”.

I remember how frightened I was at the start and how awful the waiting game is. Speaking from the other side of it now I just want anyone who now finds themselves in the position I was in 7months ago to know, that in all honesty, the treatment wasn’t nearly half as bad as I thought it was going to be. The hardest thing about this whole ordeal has been losing my fertility.

Now I look forward to celebrate my 30th birthday next week, it’s not how I imagined my 30th to be but I’m just glad that I’m here to celebrate it.

All the luck to all you ladies who now find themselves in that hell known as the waiting game. Keep going with positive thoughts and that fighting spirit, there were days I faked it for the sake of my family and that in itself can help you to keep going xxx

Thank you for sharing this and so pleased you have got the all clear. The faking is harder than others some days but trying to stay strong. I have my MRI and CT tomorrow so will have a staging and treatment plan by end of week just need to know what I'm fighting and hope treatment will be ok sometimes my head runs away thinking the worse. Am having some right sided pain on and off and when I get it or any niggle it brings it all back into my head. Enjoy your 30th xx

Thank you so much Lauren for sharing this and many congratulations on receiving your all-clear. I am very sorry you had to lose your fertility to this horrible disease so young, but immensely glad that you are here to celebrate your 30th and very many more to come.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli

What a wonderful story to hear.

Congratulations on getting the all clear that's amazing after such  terrible and emotional 7 months.

anyone reading this can be truly inspired !

Happy B'day for next week I hope you will celebrate your 30th in style !!

mel xx

Congrats on the all clear and the big 3-0. Thirty! What a fun age to be. Put all this crap behind you and go off and live an extraordinary life - you deseve it. 

love tx

Congratulations on the all clear! Have a lovely 30th birthday & celebrate with a nice glass of bubbly. You truely deserve it. What fantastic news! Xx

Lovely news lauren x 

Congratulations on the all clear. It is good to hear positivity and not doom and gloom. I was diagnosed 1 1/2 weeks ago of having cervical cancer, after 4 months of hearing that I only had abnormal cells and it is only when I went in to be operated on for a cone biopsy that the tumour was seen.  I had had 2 coloposcopies which didn't show anything. Last week was a PET/CT scan and now I am waiting for the results

Congratulation!!! Enjoy your birthday...lovely to hear a positive story xxx