Positive story

Hello to all of you
First I want to share my sympathy and my concern to all of you.
My story starts last February after my test pap results who came atypical cells and ascus, also positive to hpv 16.
Next step was colposcopy and biopsy and the results was cin2 -cin3.
My doctor offer me the cone treatment because of the high grade results. We did it at 9 of May under Ga . The op was fine but the biopsy results was cin 3 with unclear margins.
To be honest I was scared for what next…
I thought that maybe hysterectomy was the next step but instead the doctor offers me the six month follow up.
So the time passes and the results from my next
Pap was clear and negative to hpv.
Next one after six months!!!dont loose your faith, everything is possible and this site is fantastic, very supportive and helpful.
I send you all my best
And I will pray for you.
Kisses
Gela

Thanks for posting a positive story - it helps so many xx

Good to hear about people being HPV neg at 6 month test of cure smear.

Currently waiting for the results of mine. 

Hello all

I was hpv negative after 3 months  - wishing you all the best Julia with your test of cure. Would also like to add that you add an impressive amount of scientific support on here which I find reassuring. I for one am grateful that my lletz treatment might just have saved my life in spite of all the worrying! Hope 2020 works out well for everyone on here

Wish you all the best Julia 

xxGela

PS let us know how you get on Julia x

I'm still waiting.

Nurse told me that HPV negative screening results are currently coming back in under two weeks. I have been waiting four weeks so I clearly still have HPV at the very least and my sample has been sent for cytology.

I wish they'd hurry up. It's driving me round the twist 

Hi Julia

Sorry to hear you are still waiting. It's hard to get it off your mind I know, especially if you're trapped inside with an amber weather warning!

Keep us posted & take care of yourself.

Result arrived today. Turns out I am HPV negative! Very relieved.

Wish my nurse hadn't said two weeks - would have saved me a lot of stress! 
Thanks for your support both of you.

Jx 

Hi Julia Yay - that's wonderful news! Time to celebrate I think!!

Hi again Julia does that mean you are now back to check ups every 3 or 5 years as usual?

I'm really pleased for you

3 years time for the next one and then 5 years after that because I am over 50. 
I am celebrating by booking my holiday which I have been holding off doing due to the uncertainty. Cycling to Amsterdam and back in May. 

It must be such a relief