POSITIVE 6 month "cure-smear" results for those still going through this

Hi Ladies

I know a lot of people seem to disappear after they receive positive results so I thought I would return to let everyone know a POSITIVE outcome.

As you can see from my signature, I was diagnosed with CIN 3 and I received a LEEP/LLETZ about 6 months ago. I had clear margins on my LEEP/LLETZ so my OB was fairly positive she removed all of it. 

Nevertheless, I had my 6 month post LEEP/LLETZ "cure" smear at the colposcopy clinic earlier this month. My OB said she couldn't see any residual dysplasia but did an HPV test and an ECC. This was 3 weeks ago.

I just received my results. ECC biopsy came back normal and I'm now HPV negative!! I get to return to yearly smear tests with my regular doctor now. 

Hang in there, ladies! I have been BESIDE myself with worry and anxiety for the better part of this entire year. I know how scary the whole process is. BUT if you need to have a LEEP/LLETZ just know that it's a very effective treatment and the vast majority of women will not need any further treatment after.

BIG hugs. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. 

Wow. That’s great news! Keep on going and best of luck! :)