Six Month Follow Up after LLETZ

Hello everyone, Hope you’re all doing ok. I’m writing because I’m due my first follow up smear and ‘test of cure’ next month after having CIN 2 removed at the beginning of the year. I know that nobody here can tell me what my results will be but I just wanted to know if anyone has any positive stories they can share from their follow up? I’ve had low-level anxiety ever since I had my abnormal smear result and this worry is like a dark cloud hanging over me. It was only my 2nd smear test at 27 years of age and it hit me like a ton of bricks….I really didn’t expect the abnormal result especially having been in my current relationship for over 4 years. Say I contracted HPV at the beginning of this relationship, is it possible that my test of cure can come back HPV negative or will this be something I’ll always have? It’s all so daunting and such a worry for me. Sending lots of love and best wishes to you all xxx

Hi MinnieX, I wanted to reply as I see you haven’t had a response just yet. I too had CIN 2 treated at the end of Feb and have my follow up in August. It’s such a daunting time isn’t it but I’m reassured by so many people that the cure rates of LLETZ treatment is extremely high. I think after feeling that we were in the minority to have an abnormal smear result we half expect the same again but I think that’s uncommon. Fingers crossed we will both get the results we’re looking for and put this time in our lives down to experience and manage to move on! Please let me know how you get on at your follow up. xx

Hi ladies, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know!) I had CIN3 treated and had a clear result at the 6month check up so it is possible :-) x

Hi Minnie - I'm in the same situation at the moment. Had CIN2 removed in Dec and have my follow-up colposcopy is in 2 weeks hence I'm back here as the worry slowly starts creeping back.

From what I've heard, our prognosis is good, we should get clear results and be put back onto to annual smears all going well.

I too am concerned about the HPV. The body can clear it on its own if you boost your immune system by not smoking and taking vitamin C, looking after your health etc. That's what I've been trying to do for the last 6 months. So we may not always have it, and even if we do, it may not ever turn into CIN again.

It's such a horrible waiting game, but after so much worrying last year, and then reading stories about people not as lucky as me, it made me realise that I just need to get on with life and enjoy each day without getting immersed in the anxiety.

Best of luck, let us know how your exam goes. What date is yours?

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

You're right, your prognosis is good especially as it sounds like you've been taking really good care of yourself! 

If it's any reassurance I had LLETZ for CIN III back in 2003 and my 6 monthly check was all clear.

Wishing you a clear result xx