PMS after hysterectomy (concerved ovaries)

Hey Everyone,

I am 12 weeks post RH for stage 1b CC and just over 3 weeks post contraceptive implant removal (arm).

I have been going about life with as much normality as possible but this week have found myself much lower than normal, feeling aches and pains, over thinking and feeling bloated.

I have my 3 month check up soon but wondered if anyone has experienced PMS like symtoms after RH as ovaries remain?

Thank u x

Hello. I had a RH for 1B1 in January and I kept my ovaries. I was on the pill so I just stopped taking it as soon as I had my op.

I would say I’ve had up and down moods for the last few months. But I couldn’t say for sure if it’s down to just coming to terms with the whole CC journey, or if it’s PMS of sorts as I haven’t been keeping track of when it really happens.

I also do get mild aches, twinges and bloating - particular if I’ve had an active day. And I do find I get tired really easily. But again, I haven’t really been looking at timings to see if it’s worse at any particular times.

I was going to have a chat about the low moods and my fatigue with my Macmillan nurse at my next check. I think it’s all to be expected as my body adjusts to what’s happened, but I just want to check make sure it’s ‘normal’ for my recovery. It’s always worth mentioning anything that’s on your mind at your check ups.

Hope you’re doing ok 12 weeks in x