Please please help new here and very scared

I don't really no where to start can I just say this site is amazing and your all amazing....I had a smear done a couple of weeks ago due to going to the doctors with very abnormal discharge and a lot of it every single day i haven't had any bleeding just the discharge and back pain also abdominal pain anyway I was due a smear anyway so of I went i just new it was going to come back abnormal as I got a letter in the post to go in to hospital on the 26th for a colposcopy  well I panicked so I rang the doctors to ask why and what it was for is all the receptionist said was I have a liasion and hpv that was all she would tell me please what does all this mean I don't understand I'm new here and so so worried as I have a one year old and 2 older children I'm 35 and just so upset i don't no what to do I'm so worried with the symptoms I'm having my mum has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and I'm devastated i look after her as well as everyone else I don't think I have the strength anymore please help Thank you all I'm sorry I'm just so worried x

Hi Violet,

Can I ask what your discharge is like? What was your smear result?

I'm really sorry that you're going through all of this worry, and looking after your mum and your children too. Thankfully the 26th is only 8 days away, so you will know a bit more then. However if they decide to biopsy or remove the cells (which they do for cin 2+, this does not mean cancer) then you're in for more waiting. That's where I'm at right now! 6 days past the LLETZ procedure waiting for the biopsy results. I'm just a fortnight ahead of you so if you want to talk to anyone drop me a message! It's a very scary time isn't it.

The receptionist said that you have a lesion? I think everyone with abnormal smears has HPV, it's (99% of the time) what causes abnormal cells. The colposcopy is the best next step for you and these doctors know what they're doing and can hopefully reassure you. They will talk about your smear results with you beforehand. 

You're not alone in this. Sending love xxxx

Hey firstly I can understand your panick I was petrified when I received mine. I was petrified when I received mine I'm 28 with 4 children and automatically thought the worst. But please don't panicks it doesn't mean you have cancer maybe some abnormal cells. What was your smear results. They will send you for a colposcopy where they take a closer look at the cervix and maybe take some biopsies. If this confirms abnormal cells they preform a lletz to remove the cells. I had mine Thursday and honestly none of it was painful,  Uncomfortable yes but even smears are. Please don't panick. You could always message if you needed a talk. I hope your ok xx

Thank you so so much for both replying it means so much this site is amazing and I don't really feel alone anymore...My discharge is so heavy it's constant every day all day some days it feels like I'm having a wee if that makes sense because it's so watery other days its just so thick some days clear other days yellow that was one of the reasons why I went to the doctors also with a lump on my back but that has been confirmed its a lipoma...that's just it i don't no what my smear is I'm so confused is all the receptionist said was calm down let me have a look and she said you have a liason and hpv and didn't say anymore i don't even no what a liason is or what it means I didn't even no what hpv was until now I'm just so worried and feel so sick i have had back ache at the bottom and down my legs and a lot of pain in my abdomen to I'm sorry to go on I'm just trying to keep it all together with out anyone knowing because I have my mum to look after I have everything crossed for you both that you both come out of this positive and Thank you for taking the time to reply 

Hi, I felt exactly the same when I had my letter to come in for a colposcopy. You always expect the worst, but its good that you got it check when you did - very brave. You are in good hands and you would be surprised how many other ladies have gone through the same thing.  When do you have your appointment? xx

Thank you so much for replying it's very scary I have my appointment on the 26th of this month I'm so scared but this site gives me comfort knowing I'm not alone i really do have everything crossed for all you lovely ladies and gents to come out of this positive I'm just paniking more as I just didn't understand the lesion bit what the receptionist said she also stated i have abnormal cells and hpv which I forgot to put in my last comment sorry is all she said after that was wait for your appointment on the 26th to find out more it feels like it's taking forev we i no people have a lot more going on than me and I feel absolutely terrible for ranting I'm just trying to keep it all together for my mum and dad as they both have cancer i forgot to say about my dad to he has kidney cancer but in remission now but just found out he had prostate cancer so that's both parents...Thank you for replying i really appreciate it 

That must be really hard. You can do it, the 26th will be over with before you know it.  It is really common to test positive with HPV. The way it was explained to me was that everyone can contract HPV but it only comes to light when your immune system is low so its so important that you try and relax and look after yourself - get enough sleep and eat as healthy as you can :) 

Thank you so much for the reply now I've read up on it I've seen it can be very common that's a relief i think I'm more worried about the abnormal cells and the lesion I've just had a baby well she's one now and they never called me in for my 6 weeks check i didn't even no I had to have one I'm just worried in case it is cc and this could of been picked up at my 6 weeks check i just feel angry i never got asked Thank you again for replying and I hope it all goes positive for you xx

Hey again the lesion all prob be the abnormal cells. That is how they also explained mine a small lesion cin3.  So don't panik to much it's just the medical jargon lol. Your appointment isn't to far away now I hope this all goes well and helps put your mind at ease a little x

Thank you so so much lauraje 123 that has helped so much you saying that and has eased my worry a lot Thank you I've never been through this before I didn't even no what hpv or a lesion was I've read up on it so much I'm kinda shocked no one has ever told me or said about it but Thank you for your reply xx