Advice

Hi I’ve just received my letter saying I’ve got abnormal cells I have also got the hpv virus and have to go and get a colposcopy possibly a biopsy.
I don’t really know if I should be panicking but I am I’m 28 this year haven’t had children yet and seen various family members go through cancer treatments . I don’t want to worry my parents as they have enough on there mind at the minute. Don’t know where to turn or what to do.
I’m easily stressed out and can see this tipping me over the edge. Any comments on how to cope would be really appreciated
Thanks

I am going through the same thing at the minute, although I had my colposcopy and biopsy yesterday. 

All I'd say is that the nurse told me that even if something is found that needs to be removed, it could take 10years+ for it to turn into full blown cancer. 

You're under the radar now, same as me! So you're in the best hands, just remember you're not alone xx 

Hi I had my 2nd smear last year when I turned 28 and had an abnormal result so it was followed up with a colooscopy and biopsy. I totally understand your anxiety and worry as I was the same and found this site helpful. I found information given by the hospital vague and wait times seemed to be a lifetime when your waiting as a patient for results. To reassure you at least they'be picked it up and you are young and healthy enough to bounce back from this. 

My biopsy showed I had the HPV virus and cin3 and I had LLETZ treatment under general anaesthetic, I've since had my follow up smear and a 2nd colposcopy as I still have the virus but I feel reassured that I am being monitored now and was told by the consultant this week at my follow up that my cervix looked healthy. Try to occupy yourself, maybe write a list of questions for the doctors when you go so that you don't forget anything and most of all don't feel like you are alone. It's normal to worry about something like this, eat well and look after your body and if you need to have a good cry then do that as well, I know I did! 

hope it goes well