please help

I desperately need advice. Im living in Portugal. I had a pap smear that came back abnormal (ASC-H). i had to go for a colposcopy and biopsy 2 weeks later. I found this so painful!!
i had a call for the doctor yesterday who informed me that although he found no lesions, wants to do a LEEP as he was worried about the ASC-H.
I’m now periled, i don’t want the LEEP as it will be done under a LA, also the thought of it makes me want cry.
Does this sound like the normal procedure? Would anyone advise that i just have another smear in 6 months?
Id love to know what the right thing to do is?
please help.

Don't be so scared of the leep under LA. It really is not as horrible as it seems. GA has more associated risks.

Maybe you can wait and retest in six months. I would recommend a colposcopy directly, because paps are not really reliable.

I would wait and retest :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Im sorry i didnt reply sooner. I went for my LEEP on Saturday and i was told that i need yto have it under GA. (living in Portugal so i have to pay Private) 

I have pain in my lower back, groin and in my right thigh. Could this mean things are bad?? I just want all this to go away. I find it so hard to talk to anyone about this.

I really appreaciate your reply and so sorry i didnt see it. Im new to this site and just learning xxxxxx