Please Help: High Grade CIN or cancer?? (Children mentioned)

I had a colposcopy this morning, my consultant during the procedure advised I needed LLETZ as he could see high grade CIN. He advised that he was 99% sure it wasn't cancer. My concern is can you actually tell the difference between high grade CIN and cancer during this procedure? 

I have 2 small daughters and I'm terrified I won't be here to see them next Christmas. 

Hi, i had the same treatment as you, my doctor didnt tell me what grade i had but when i asked if it was cancer he said he didnt think it was, from what i gather high grade cin can turn into cancer quicker than say low grade, i think they would be able to tell ive googled (i know very bad) the difference and it came up with images and there was a difference. I was like you though after and ive 2 children too and kept thinking will this be the last xmas etc, ive calmed down now though, i had mine 12 days ago so just waiting for the results xx

Thanks Jayne. I hope everything goes well for you. Did they say how long for your results? 

Do you think they'd know even the difference between grade 3 CIN and early cancer? My googling is proving fruitless. 

I think they would be able to tell, if you google images it should bring up pics. I know its bad and we shouldn't google but i was intrigued to see what it looks like! My esults will around 3 weeks the doc said! Xx

Doc said they'd write to me which I'm hoping is a positive sign. Surely, they'd have me back for an appointment if they thought they'd need to tell me anything worrying?? 

Yeah everyone has been saying to me that they would have called if it was more serious, i had mine done 2 weeks tomorrow and not heard anything yet!