Gah! Second high grade :-(

Hi everyone

I am rather selfishly looking for a bit of sympathy and hopefully some good news 'been there, done that' stories. As you will see from my footer, 6 months ago I had LLETZ for CIN3 (blooming great Christmas that was...). I have just recieved my follow up smear results and I am high grade again! My smear was at the GP as I had been discharged from the gynae unit (I assumed this meant clear margins and not hopefully not too much to be concerned about)

Anyway I am now totally freaking out. In all honesty I expected I might have some changes, or HPV, and need a colposcopy, but high freaking grade? After 6 months? How is that even possible?

At the time of my first colposcopy I was really worried as I had some worrying symptoms, and was so relieved that it was not worse than CIN3, but always felt like I got off lightly and there was worse news to come. So now I am really freaking thinking that perhaps there was more all along, and they just haven't found it yet? Has this ever happened to anyone? Will this nightmare ever end? Gahhhhhhh

*rant over*

Please cheer me up and stop me going insane, thank you x x

Hi Suzysooz, I don't know if anything I can say will help you much, as I am a worrier too. I can however offer sympathy and an internet hug :-) xx

Hi Suzy,

Sorry can't be of any help to you. I don't fully understand the whole thing. I , like you, would have thought the lletz at Christmas would have cleared you. Fingers crossed for a good result for the colposcopy.

Best wishes,

Michelle 

Hiya! I am in literally exactly the same situation as you.

even the dates are the same! im going for my second loop tomorrow morning and 

absolutely dreading it! I don't understand how they can come

back so quick either?! But I promise you this, I'll ask my gynae

and pop back on here tomorrow with anything I find out.

Sorry, my comment box is knackered I think! Lots of love and positive thoughts xxx

Hey, lots of sympathy that I hope will be returned! Similar situation, high grade last year but they didn't want to treat at the time. Just got follow up smear results today and high grade again - waiting for colp date. Really not a happy bunny :'(

Hiya,

Sorry to hear it's not gone away Suzy. I remember seeing your posts last time when you were having treatment (as that's when I had my first colposcopy.) Hate this stupid HPV, and wish it would just got away for all of us! 
So now you're going back for another colposcopy right? Hate that wait and the stress that comes with it. Sending you love and hugs and best wishes for a good result after the colposcopy!

xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Good luck today x x

Thanks everybody, feeling a whole heap better, I am not going to let this turn me into a jibbering monster again. Much. At all. 

Tessieboo please do let me know how you go. Did they tell you that you will be having treatment then? Did you have a colposcopy as a follow up? I'm really confused about it all. 

xxx

Thank you! X

Thanks Michelle, glad to see you are going well x x

Oh Gemma,

It is just the pits all this! X

Hi Sophie,

Thanks. Really need to be rid of this unwelcoe visitor! Good luck with your results, everything crossed for you x

Hiya. Yea. So I had normal smear at my 6 month check up, but HPV+, so I was referred to colposcopy. They did a punch biopsy, had cin2. Had loop biopsy today to remove it. 

I asked why they had come back so quick. she said just because the cells have returned and we were in the 5-10%, this doesn't mean after this let treatment that it will increase chances of coming back. It'll still only have a 5% chance of coming back and it's just one of those things. hope this is of some help or comfort, I certainly feel a lot more reassured xxx

*LLETZ 

Oh gosh that is scary that your smear could be clear with CIN2, lucky they tested for HPV. I had my colposcopy appt through today, for 12th August. They also confirmed it was severe so I guess CIN3 at least. Good luck with your results, hope they come back quickly and all good for you x

Thanks :) you too. I just hope it doesn't happen again in 6 months! She confirmed it is 3 times they'll do it and then see if there's any more tissue to work with :/

Hi, thought I would update this thread following my colposcopy today. The said it was really tiny bits that went white round the edge of the excision area, and they could have been overly cautious on the smear and caught a few rogue ones. Not sure if she was saying it to cheer me up, as I was by now weeping like a baby, even though I promised myself I wouldn't! she said they took 3cms last time and if I need fiurther treatment it will be under GA as not a lot left to work with. I was just so relieved not to get LLETZED (had bought 100 ST's in preparation ha ha!) I forgot to ask anything and just laid there weeping and staring at the ceiling! Hope the results don't take too long. On the plus side, at least if I do have to go back it will be after the summer hols by the time they get me booked in. The biopsies were really stingy, I didn't have any anaesthetic for them, I never had them before as the area was large and very obvious before. Feeling a bit scratched and crampy now but not overly awful. X

Hi,

Just a quick update on my CIN saga... Hopefully the final volume! 

Got my results of my second LLETZ today, they say low grade, all removed with clear margins. They are discussing me at mdt on Thursday as my smear was high grade and biopsies ungradeable but suggestive of cin3. I was told I can call on Thurs to find out what they agree on, but likely is 6 months smear. Please let this be over now!

I was a bit naughty and called them up 2 weeks to the day. The staff at the hospital have been amazing, kind and patient throughout my freaking out, and I would totally advocate calling them up if you are worried about anything. Still bleeding a bit but looking forward to getting back on track and a hot bath soon! 

x x x