Plan scan cancelled

So girls unfortunately during being lay down for my CT plan scan my consultant came and told me there's been a change of treatment she wants me to do the chemo cocktail first and follow with the chemorads after so she didn't want to have the scan done today as things could change and I could need radio in a smaller area after the cocktail. 
Obviously a bit gutted with the outcome as I finally thought I was on track and now have to deal with the hair loss on top, which I know is a minor detail in the overall plan as it will grow back, but I've got my consultation on the chemo tomorrow and then bloods with the chemo nurse Thursday. 
Im happy that I'm getting somewhere and that I know treatment will definitely start very soon now but could anyone tell me how they've dealt with the cocktail? Mine is once every 3 weeks? 
thank you all xxx

Kizzimart I'm so sorry, I know base2019 is in the exact same position as you. I know there's other people on here that had to have this done as well.

Thanks Rissag, I'm actually in touch with base thankfully she's keeping me from actually losing my mind and worrying myself into madness. 

We will keep each other right Kizzimart. Chin up hun. Not long to wait ? xxxxx

I'm so sorry lovely, it's a real blow when you finally get your mind round one thing and then it all changes. The most important thing is kicking cancers butt and this treatment will deffo give it a bloody good battering. Much love to you and I'm so glad you have base to kee each other sane. Xx 

Thanks Emmz, honestly without this forum I don't know where my head or anything would be at but you're all so lovely and have loads of kind words and advice, it really helps. Well I'll find out this afternoon the exact cocktail and how and when I'll have them so at least I'm on the path to getting started xxxx

1 Like

So sorry you girls are going through this, but I'm glad you girls are staying in touch with one another. This is definitely not something one wants to be going through but it does help to know your not alone.im glad to hear both of you will be starting your treatment shortly and will be moving through treatment. Remember to wear cozy clothes, and bring something to entertain yourself with, I always brought my iPad and watched movies or shows.

We will be fine, we can do this :) not long at all for you now xxxx

Thank you Rissag, 

defo seems a lot easier having someone in a similar position that's a little ahead of me so base is keeping me in the loop of everything bless her so I'm forewarned haha.

im staying pretty positive because I know this is what they think the best treatment is for me and they've done everything for me so quickly I couldn't be more grateful.

did any of you girls remain at work? Or go part time? Or did you need the time off? No judging at all I know we are all different in the way we respond to treatment I just wanted to see what everyone did to occupy their minds xxx

I didn't work, I was already not working right before I was diagnosed. I always wanted to be around family to occupy my mind, watched a lot of movies lol.in the beginning I really let things get to me and my mind would race and I would catch myself spending hours looking up things online which just led  to panick and tears.my family was really great about making sure I was never alone so I wouldn't get inside my head and stress myself out. I tend to overthink and over analyze everything.

Yeah I'm totally the same when it comes to overthinking. Originally I had convinced myself it was untreatable and nobody was going be able to help, but after they said Curative with long term cure I was like ok I can do this. I'm trying to decide when I should be off work, It's hard because I love my job and want to go but I also don't want to burn myself out trying to do as much as before.