PERIODS DURING TREATMENT?????

Hello All, I’ve started treatment for advanced CC 3 days ago and today I woke up to my periods??! What to do about it? Can I still have my radiation treatment? Thank you so much for your answers, I din’t know what to do…

Hi there - I would imagine yes you can continue treatment - just tell the radiographer so they can lay a absorbent mat under you. I was bleeding through my treatment and it never caused a problem.

I had my period during my planning ct for radio and then again in the first few weeks of treatment. They told me not to use tampons as they could make the radio damage worse. I had no issues :)

Thank you very much for your fast answers, actually I just came back after treatment. No problems, I've been told that I can proceed with treatment as it can't be stopped. I truly appreciate your support and wish you best of luck with your fight. 

I have a related question.....

I have 2b cc, just started first of 3 chemo cycles before I startchemo-radiotherapy and brachytherapy. I have had continued bleeding as one of my symptoms, so far not really had a period since diagnosis as had been taking the pill continually (couldn't handle a period on top of everything) however my prescription for pill has now ended and I won't be renewing, I will be due a period.... Just wondered if you got any information about wearing tampons or if to stick with pads? I am also desperate to take my baby girl swimming for the first time however have been unable to due to constantly bleeding, guess if I knew it was OK.re tampons I could try them and hopefully get to experience swimming with her! 

Hope you are all doing well xx