Bleeding during external radiotherapy

I feel this is a little too much information but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this, I have a review tomorrow and will mention to radiologist

Im almost finished week 4 of radio/chemo. I have one more week than internal.

I started my period Monday , it was due , but it hasn’t behaved like a normal period, it normally lasts 3/4 days but day 5 and I keep passing large clots, I think they are from my vagina but having googled now worried it’s bladder and I know it sounds ridiculous but I don’t know how to work out which!

They fall out when I go to the loo before I start weeing

Any thoughts? Is it normal to bleed like this? I thought they said I wouldn’t get another period and go into menopause instead

Thank you for reading

Hey hun, just to say I had the same thing during treatment. It went away just after! It was definitely vagina related for me. I think the relaxing of your muscles down below when you wee releases whatever is in the near vicinity. I’m totally not an expert but from what I was told the clots are caused by the blood hanging around for a while before you pass it xxx

Thank you, radiographer wasn’t worried but it’s still been playing on my mind so thank you for replying, nice to know I’m not alone!

1 Like

No one ever explains the twists and turns this journey takes you on. Radiographers are generally on the ball though! If you have anymore issues you’re unsure about they are definitely the people to ask xxx

I had this happen!!! I had a period third week in and passed solid clots the size of my hand, they were discs coming out in the shower. No one could explain it but no doctor was phased. I however was freaking out bc I bled through all of treatment so was scared of blood loss. After treatment ended the bleeding stopped in 10 days. I think it was my period bc I only passed clots for a couple days before the bleeding continued lighter which i think was the tumor bleed from radiation.

2 Likes