Periods and colposcopy

Hi ladies, i was due to have my colposcopy tommorow but seems now mother nature has other ideas and my period showed up a few days early :( does anyone know wether they will still go ahead an do the colposcopy? Ive been waiting months for this appointment as ive been pregnant and had to have my treatment postponed, im gutted and just want it over with, i tried phoning but no answer but was expecting this as its the weekend x

Hi, I got my period the morning I was due to have my first colposcopy. I went along anyway and told the nurse as soon as I got there (I was the same, just wanted it over with).

The dr I saw said it was fine as long as it wasn’t too heavy and he was happy to have a go and see if he could get a good enough look (it was fine). Might be worth giving them a call first thing as all hospitals differ but if you don’t feel it’s heavy then I’d still go.

good luck x

Hey, I wasnt on ny period as such for mine... however I have had irregular bleeding for a while. Day before colp I started bleeding I cant tell them when I will be ok as I really dont know but they did it anyway x