Period or concerning bleeding?

Hi,

I am into my first week of treatment. Everything is going fine, but Saturday I started noticing blood when I wiped. It’s a bright red blood, and doesn’t look like it’s in my urine. It’s similar to a menstrual bleed, but with cervical cancer and all of the abnormal bleeding I don’t even know what is a period and what’s not. Has this happened to anyone else during treatment? I expected bleeding to stop, not start. I also have lower back and hip pain, in the same side as my tumor. That seems common from what I’ve read, but more so after treatment and not so much during. It’s something I’ve struggled with for a year or so, so it’s not a new pain. I mentioned it to the doctors, who don’t seem concerned. But I’m quiet the worry wart these days. Any one else out there experiencing the same thing this early on?

Hi @Hayhay10 !

I was told just before treatment started that i would maybe have 1 last period during treatment. As it turned out I didnt because I also have Cervical Stenosis.
But any concerns like that you have you can talk to your Nurses about.

Hi Shammy,

I mentioned it today and they don’t seem very concerned, and said to monitor it. I’m a little nervous because I’m leaving the county on Thursday for my sisters wedding, and just don’t want any medical emergencies while I’m away. I will bring it up again tomorrow at chemo. I bet I will be a hypochondriac for the rest of my life after this. Oh the joys of a cancer diagnosis. Every little pinch, pain, and drop of blood will probably make me go mad!

1 Like

Oh yes I’d agree!

I go OTT at every wee thing! Its the new norm for us i think

The color of the blood also is different. Blood produced during your period often is darker than the blood that appears when you’re spotting Menstrual blood is usually red: The color can help differentiate a period from spotting, although the blood may be brown at the beginning or end of the period